It’s been a quiet twenty years.

runstendt

Tele-Holic
For me it’s hard to believe, but it has been twenty years to the day since John Entwistle died. The thunder I heard around midnight paled compared to this.

Oddly enough, this was the only celebrity death that actually affected my life. I became a fan of The Who when the Ox died because they played “Pinball Wizard” on the radio, and they been one of my go-to bands and a huge influence on my playing, songwriting, and performing ever since. Long Live Rock.

bowman

Friend of Leo's
Oh yeah, he brought the thunder indeed! I saw them live in their prime, 1973, and there probably wasn’t a better band on the planet at that time. Maybe Zeppelin, but The Who were better live. Entwistle had the the heaviest sound - it hit you like a hammer.

Dan R

Poster Extraordinaire
The Ox took the bass to the forefront better than any other rock player, IMO. Normally I like the bass to be played with more restraint and less dominant, but John Entwhistle pulled it off. It was not always welcomed by Pete who said it was something like fighting a battle on stage to compete with John and Keith. Four strong personalities vying for attention, that was the Who in a nutshell on stage.

I saw the Who once in 1989, not in their heyday, but enjoyable all the same. Thanks for the incredible basslines, John.

suthol

Friend of Leo's
I saw them at the old Sydney boxing stadium back around the time of Pictures Of Lilly, they made a long lasting impact on my teenage mind

Lonn

Poster Extraordinaire
Thursday will be 20 years since I retired from the military. It has indeed been a fast 20 years.