Isolation Practice Tool: Ditto, or 360 (or just stick with the DAW?)

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Rich_S, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Rich_S

Rich_S Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I'm thinking about getting a small looper. I watched some Mark Littieri videos over the weekend, and buying a Ditto will make me play just like him, right?

Stop laughing. I know it won't. I'm not sure a looper would ever become a performance tool for me (I barely perform at all, anyway.) but it might be a good tool to create rhythm parts I can practice soloing over while maintaining my social distance. So, off the top of my head, I have a few choices:
    1. The Ditto seems to be the gold standard in small single-button loopers. It seems like everybody has one (including Mark Littieri).
    2. I've developed an attraction for all things EHX these days, so their 360 Looper came up on my radar. It's about the same price, and it has the added advantage of storing 11 different loops even after powering down.
    3. I suppose I could just learn to use the looper function in my Grand Canyon delay. It only saves one one loop, but I guess its roughly the equivalent of a Ditto.
    4. Or, I could record rhythm parts into my Reaper DAW and play over them. Pro: Zero $$$ investment. Con: Not something I'd ever want to take out of the house (if I'm ever allowed out of the house) id I ever did want to play a loop live.
    So, those of you who do some casual looping around the house, what's you advice? Does anybody have experience with both the Ditto and the 360? If not, please share your experience with using one or the other. Also, how hard is it to get the hang of the single-button interface? It seems akin to learning Morse Code.

2. WingedWords

WingedWords Tele-Afflicted

Here's some recent discussion which might help you.

https://www.tdpri.com/threads/loopers.1014921/

I love my simple Ditto. But the storage possibilities of the 360 are a plus.

As regards the one button operation - it takes a little practice and certainly I've screwed up using it, but it's not an issue when you get the hang of it.

The most important lesson I got from loopers is not to overdo the overdubs. Leave some space.

guitrr likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.