Iso-Brick or Iso-5?

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Gmountain, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Gmountain

Gmountain Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

I assume they are both fully isolated power supplies?

Is one better than the other. They are close in price, so that's not really a consideration.

2. 1300 E Valencia

1300 E Valencia Friend of Leo's

Both isolated, afaik. I've used a Brick, it was dead quiet. Count the number of outlets and voltages available, I think the Brick wins. It's $30 more.

3. 65 Champ Amp

65 Champ Amp Tele-Afflicted

Iso 5 is fine for my needs. Dedicated 12v to run my Nova Reverb, an 18v for the OCD, besides the 9v outlets. I use eight pedals, I so run a daisy chain off my TU2 for a a couple of them.

Yes, it's isolated, and quiet and solid.

4. ajm763

ajm763 TDPRI Member

I purchased an ISO-5 as my first power supply (still have it) as “I only need a couple of pedals”. I had to upgrade to a 2+ about a year later as my pedal collection expanded. Unless you need the 18V output (limited to 100mA) I’d spend a bit more and get the 2+. Both supplies have worked well for me - no issues. Note the 2+ can do 9 or 12 volts on each output and 2 outputs can be combined with a special cable should you need 18 volts.)

5. DaveKS

DaveKS Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Check size will fit your board/use. How many pedals, what voltage you need/want to run them at, how much current each pedal draws, which ones need isolation are all considerations.

You need to do that homework and then match it up to features/specs of supply.

I certainly can’t help you pick a supply without that info, that’s basically throwing darts in the dark.

6. RLee77

RLee77 Friend of Leo's

Throwing darts in the dark sounds like a fairly entertaining drinking game.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.