1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

is this possible? crazy? or been done before?

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by DjimiWrey, Nov 25, 2020.

1. BobbyZ

BobbyZ Doctor of Teleocity

Sounds like you play on the loud side, it's possible a PR won't do it. I'd definitely try one if you can though because they are nice to move around.

2. JRapp

JRapp Tele-Holic

I have just enough 'knowledge' to screw things up 25% of the time. This came out pretty good, thank Bog. Honestly, it does sound pretty good for a SF amp---nice round tone that stays pretty clean, better low end and mids.

3. jrblue

jrblue Friend of Leo's

Of most of the suggestions made here, the only one I think rises beyond preference to objective truth has to do with transformers. Upscaling transformers, done right, can be magical. Aside from that, I don't think there's anything essential or magical about a Twin, which is rapidly becoming an obsolete PITA thanks to it's unnecessary volume, godawful weight, and 2-speaker screamingly excessive sound distribution. You should fairly easily get great response and tone from other amps, and of course you can find a design built around the tubes you like. The Twin was made to scream at crowds from outdoor stages. Who needs -- or wants -- that? We no longer need to destroy people's ears in order to deliver great sound and great response.

4. Daytona.57

Daytona.57 Tele-Meister

I have a Fender PA 100 head, similar to a Showman, and 2x12 cab, great sound but very heavy combination.

I traded for a Fender Pro Jr IV Tweed, to use with slide. I added a ported Fender 1x12, Cannabis Rex.

When both amps are played together, their sounds are complimentary, quiet or in a mix. The Cannabis Rex is sensitive 102db, 8db higher than the stock p10r speaker. The bass doesn't flub out and the highs are very nice, when speaker is fully broken in.

I use one pedalboard for both amps, at the same settings.

I am bringing this forward, because my situation is similar.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.