Is this normal?

Sargent Pepper

Tele-Meister
Did you notice this when you bought the guitar? Or if the saddle wasn’t that severely angled was intonation over the neck even close?

caveat emptor

Last edited:

Wrighty

Poster Extraordinaire
I have a 2005 MIM Tele that plays and sounds wonderful however, I have an issue I am presenting to the forum for comment/recommendation. The bridge high E and B string saddle doesn't seem quite right, especially the high E string. The saddle seems to be excessively low and angled more than normal towards the high E string side. The bridge saddles are Wilkinson compensated saddles. I set the action at the 12th fret on the high E string to 0.05", and 0.06" on the low E string. Next I adjust the inner strings, B, G, D, and A, either up or down, to match a 9.5 neck radius gauge. I use this method on my Strat too with good success.

Does this seem normal? And, because of the angle of the E & B saddle does this create any problem(s). See the attached pics first before you chime in.
I have a 2005 MIM Tele that plays and sounds wonderful however, I have an issue I am presenting to the forum for comment/recommendation. The bridge high E and B string saddle doesn't seem quite right, especially the high E string. The saddle seems to be excessively low and angled more than normal towards the high E string side. The bridge saddles are Wilkinson compensated saddles. I set the action at the 12th fret on the high E string to 0.05", and 0.06" on the low E string. Next I adjust the inner strings, B, G, D, and A, either up or down, to match a 9.5 neck radius gauge. I use this method on my Strat too with good success.

Does this seem normal? And, because of the angle of the E & B saddle does this create any problem(s). See the attached pics first before you chime in.
DISREGARD, POSTED BEFORE I’D READ THE OUTCOME The difference between the action on the E string and B string must be huge. If not, the neck radius looks to be about 6”!

Last edited: