Is this lacquer blush??

Discussion in 'Finely Finished' started by nnieman, Apr 9, 2019.

1. nnieman

nnieman Tele-Meister

Thanks

Nathan

IMG_3964.JPG

2. Silverface

Silverface Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Sure sounds like it. I usually apply at least 4-5 coats of color. Surprisingly, just getting "coverage" can result in a bit of transparency when you apply the clear and it melts in. some of the pigment always is pulled up into the clear - that gives lacquer part of its "depth" effect.

If you haven't had transparency issues with previous projects applying only two color coats I'm guessing those coats are probably too heavy - which contributes to blush issues if conditions are marginal. The thicker the coat, the more moisture is trapped...and the more blush results.

You may want to try fogging blush remover over it before just throwing in the towel. It may solve the problem or may not, but you'll learn how to use it - which is VERY important. Even pros end up with blush now and then and keep it around. I have 4 different blends that Mohawk packages - each with a slightly different solvent blend and small quantity of nitrocellulose resin (they work with nitro, acrylic and blended lacquers). Very strongly recommended.

Goo luck!

nnieman and eallen like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.