Is this just the "grumpy old man" forum now?

nojazzhere

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
I think the tuners were Gotohs, first year had Gotoh logos til they got the P. If you still have the knobs and pickups check out the prices on eBay, you could be sitting on a gold mine!
I believe you're right about the tuners.....don't know why I said Schallers. I DO still have the pickups, and probably the knobs.....I'll check. Thanks for the "correction". ;)

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
The ultimate grumpy old man - Poopdeck Pappy

Poopdeck Pappy: Don't dare'st say I ain't fair. True I hates, but I come by me hatin' fair and square. Hatin's me code. I will live and die by hate. Hate's done me more good than anything in the world.

b73zv4zh306v03v4.jpg

The man has a point. Given a difficult task to do, it's much easier to fire the doing of it with a good angry, I CAN DO THIS! GRR. The other side of the coin, is facing the task with a good hardy I wish I could do this, but I'm too sensitive to even try.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Welcome to the NEW NFL! We have eliminated the contact aspect of it, and will now simply prance out on filed, and gently roll the ball to the opposing team. They will in turn gather together for a brisk line dance around the ball. After both sides enjoy a good round of high fives, the game will be called a draw, and both fans watching the game can all go home.

Reactions: TG

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
I actually didn't reallize that we grumpy old guys were the vast majority here until the Woodstock fiftieth anniversary threads popped up a few weeks ago. I learned that:

- it was no fun.
- everyone got sick.
- everyone sat on piles of garbage.
- anyone who claims to have been there is a liar.
- the music was just a bunch of two-chord jams.
- the music sucked.
- there were only 50,000 people there.

Live and learn!

And, what part of the above isn't true? :lol::lol::lol:

Jack Clayton

Tele-Holic
Hello. The OP of the now infamous pink hair question thread here.

It seems almost no one actually read my original question post properly except you.

Well done!
If just like to point out that, if you examine my OP, this was never about calling out the author of the thread. I was very specific about that.

getbent

Telefied
Gold Supporter
If just like to point out that, if you examine my OP, this was never about calling out the author of the thread. I was very specific about that.

I"m not positive (I suspect my biases) but I believe the OP was, effectively applauding you for reading and responding in his thread aligned to his question...

So, I think he completely understood both threads.

telemnemonics

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I actually didn't reallize that we grumpy old guys were the vast majority here until the Woodstock fiftieth anniversary threads popped up a few weeks ago. I learned that:

- it was no fun.
- everyone got sick.
- everyone sat on piles of garbage.
- anyone who claims to have been there is a liar.
- the music was just a bunch of two-chord jams.
- the music sucked.
- there were only 50,000 people there.

Live and learn!

You forgot a couple other problems there:

- all the unreliable tube amps broke down and half the shows were just drums & vocals.
- many of the guitar players were killed onstage using those old amps with the death cap.
- it never actually rained, the only real problems were the tube amps and the fornicatin' hippies.

telemnemonics

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I believe you're right about the tuners.....don't know why I said Schallers. I DO still have the pickups, and probably the knobs.....I'll check. Thanks for the "correction". ;)

I think it's time we held a tribunal to bring all the old guys from the brass age to justice.

Make them pay for all the vintage guitars they modded.
Any who can produce the original parts will be pardoned after being thoroughly ridiculed.

cyclopean

Poster Extraordinaire
Well, it's like I said before - every generation has their own way of rebelling so... maybe for the next generations it will be "cool" to shave every ounce of hair from your body and implant a cow horn in the forehead..., and the cool music will be 12 oz. hammers banging metal trash cans ;) Who knows ;) And, just like the generations before, the current generation will skalk and grumble at the younger generations and say "these kids today...." Been going on for centuries like this, and today is nothing new. The young today will be the "the grumpy old geezers" of tomorrow ;)
hey i like einsturzende neubauten.