Is this just the "grumpy old man" forum now?

Charlie Bernstein

Poster Extraordinaire
Hm. Ask us a hard one!

I'm a grumpy old guy, and I love the crazy dos women wear these days. Some of the guys' hair formations are another story . . . .

Charlie Bernstein

Poster Extraordinaire
I actually didn't reallize that we grumpy old guys were the vast majority here until the Woodstock fiftieth anniversary threads popped up a few weeks ago. I learned that:

- it was no fun.
- everyone got sick.
- everyone sat on piles of garbage.
- anyone who claims to have been there is a liar.
- the music was just a bunch of two-chord jams.
- the music sucked.
- there were only 50,000 people there.

Live and learn!

HotRodSteve

Poster Extraordinaire
The ultimate grumpy old man - Poopdeck Pappy

Poopdeck Pappy: Don't dare'st say I ain't fair. True I hates, but I come by me hatin' fair and square. Hatin's me code. I will live and die by hate. Hate's done me more good than anything in the world.

b73zv4zh306v03v4.jpg

Scooter91

Tele-Afflicted
I once owned a T-60.....technically still do, only in parts. I remembered seeing Jerry Reed and other guys on TV playing them, so when I came across one in a pawnshop (25+ years ago) for about $100 I bought it. NEVER could get it to play worth a hoot, plus it out-weighed my Honda Civic at the time. Only good part was the tuners.....I believe they were Schallers, only with the Peavey "P" symbol. I ended up using those on my first Tele, which ultimately got sold. I still have most of the parts of that T-60 around. I keep the "toothpick" thin neck by the door in case of intruders.....it would make a great "night stick". :)

I think the tuners were Gotohs, first year had Gotoh logos til they got the P. If you still have the knobs and pickups check out the prices on eBay, you could be sitting on a gold mine!

Stratwrangler

Tele-Meister
I have to smile that the op was complaining about a 5 page thread about us all grumping along , yet his post being grumpy at us all has now gone on for 15 pages. Oh the irony.

rze99

Doctor of Teleocity
Well first off, the OP in that thread WASN'T saying "watsa matta with kids today?".

The question was not loaded with any judgement or condemnation, and was phrased with genuine curiosity.
Further, the CORRECT answer was also not grumpy old men complaining about kids today, though plenty of incorrect answers were posted.
It's too bad the actual reason was lost in the barrage of grumpy vs anti-grumpy posts.

October is Breast Cancer awareness month!

That is why women of all ages including conservative, are dying their hair pink.

A few posts noted this and some of us mentioned having lost loved ones to breast cancer.
But the grumpy posts did indeed miss the mark, and devolve the non grumpy thread into a whole nother animal.

Hello. The OP of the now infamous pink hair question thread here.

It seems almost no one actually read my original question post properly except you.

Well done!

Pixie-Bob

Tele-Meister
I don't accept the premise of the title of the thread: Is this just the Grumpy Old Man forum.

The OP is a 34 year old man who has taken exception to the attitude of some older members to younger women - as is his right. But, he chooses to express his feelings not through pity and derision "you pathetic old sods", but through borderline-anger. The many responses to him from these alleged "grumpies" might be summarised as "lighten up kid".

Who is really grumpy here?

Stratwrangler

Tele-Meister
Hello. The OP of the now infamous pink hair question thread here.

It seems almost no one actually read my original question post properly except you.

Well done!

Er yeah we did ,

Here it is again though in case ya forgot.

Or purple or blue. It looks like it is deliberately partially/very badly done, which is what attracts my curiosity. I see this look also on otherwise quite conventional looking women. Lots of it in London where I am. Is there an urban code to the shade?

I asked my student daughter and she said maybe because it makes them look more rad or hip.

Don't you go jumping ship now lol:p

dlew919

Doctor of Teleocity
I’m confused. So there was a thread for older folks complaining about younger folks, and now there is a thread for younger folks to complain about the older folks complaining about the younger folks? And this one is somehow better? I ask only for clarification.

I don’t know where to post!

I’m so confused!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

uriah1

Telefied
Gold Supporter
It’s all about straps. All these young kids with big guitar straps for small guitars. Real straps are small.