1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Is this farewell Telecaster and Hello Strat??!! Seriously?!

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by sbpark, Mar 22, 2013.

1. vibrasonic

vibrasonic Tele-Afflicted

I love teles, LPs, SGs, ES everything Rics but if I could only have one guitar it would be a STRATOCASTER. They are the most versatile guitar there is. IMHO.

2. xtrajerry

xtrajerry Doctor of Teleocity

Totally agree with this.. I usually keep a couple of guitars out so I can noodle around a bit.. 9 times out of 10 if my RW50 is out that's the I go to., this was true of my first one too.

3. Jamie Black

Jamie Black Friend of Leo's

Nice guitar, even the road worn parts look well done. I love strats but my tele certainly doesn't get neglected, no reason they can't get along together.

Think of owning a telecaster and a stratocaster as having two Kelly Clarksons for your girlfriend.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Both are soft and pretty but one is just a little more curvaceous and sexy that the other. :eek::D

4. SaltyCat

SaltyCat TDPRI Member

I too am flirting with a Strat at the moment. For me, my number one guitar changes all the time depending on what music I'm playing or listening to at that moment in time.

I guess I find a Strat just a little bit more fluid sounding and articulate for the lead stuff.

But there's nothing else as satisfying as the bridge pickup raunch of a good Tele through the right amp.

5. lineboat

lineboat Friend of Leo's

I totally agree. While the Strat may be the most versatile guitar of all time, nothing compares to that straight from the guitar to amp high gain Tele sound. It's been a go to for the pros for a long time. Who am I to change that?

6. Stratburst

Stratburst Friend of Leo's

A Tele was my first good guitar, but I've always wanted a good Strat. These days, a Strat's my #1 but my Tele is the backup. They're both great guitars, the Strat works slightly better for me.

7. sbpark

sbpark Friend of Leo's

I want another Tele now! Either a Road Worn or a 50's classic. I'm hooked on the 7.25 neck radius. Not sure if I dig the vintage frets though on the 50's compared to the 6105 frets on the Road Worns.

8. kedj11

kedj11 Tele-Meister

back in '89 I had both my '79 Tele and '76 Strat stolen. While I have missed that Tele everyday since then and currently own 4 Teles I don't miss the Strat at all. Not that I wouldn't mind it back cause I could sell it to buy another Tele!

9. dhuber

dhuber Tele-Meister

I'm a 90% Strat, 5% Tele, 5% 24-3/4 scale LP style. If I could only own one guitar it would be a Strat. The Tele has a raw growl sound. I can get close with a Strat, but it's always right there on the Tele.

That is a nice looking guitar. I've never played a 7" radius guitar and I've always shyed away from that small radius. I need to play one sometime. I agree 100% with the relic thing.

[​IMG]

10. Delta63

Delta63 Tele-Holic

My number 1 is a strat, I've blown through many guitars to find the right one. It took me another two years to mod it out to "My perfect guitar". I ended selling a whole bunch of my guitars afterwards. If I don't have my strat I don't have me!

11. Jared Purdy

Jared Purdy Friend of Leo's

I like them both. I have a 2011 CS Strat, ash body with deep C cut neck and a 52 Hot Rod Tele, with a similar profiled neck (a little shallower). I really like them both. They sound and feel completely different. I woudn't be happy if I didn't have both.

12. Daywalker

Daywalker TDPRI Member

This is the most amazing analogy I've ever seen! :lol: Totally made my morning...

13. eddiewagner

eddiewagner Poster Extraordinaire

since i have 3 strats and also 3 teles right now i tend to be a bit more of a strat guy. i like the deeper soundvariations and the quack. on one strat i have a tuned tremolo, which is supercool for surfstuff.

14. blimpo

blimpo Tele-Meister

I own both and play whichever feels right at the time.

I love them both and I can't honestly say which one is my favorite.

They are similar and yet very different.

15. sbpark

sbpark Friend of Leo's

Well, it didn't last long, because I bought myself a used 2006 '52 RI and although the Strat still feels amazing (really love the neck) the Tele crushes it as far as tone is concerned.

16. supersoldier71

supersoldier71 Tele-Holic

My Squier tele (VM, SSH) is my de facto #1 guitar. My strat is comfy and easy to play, but that cheap tele...it gives up a new riff everytime I pick it up. I think I keep my strat for Hendrix songs.

17. kanegon

kanegon Tele-Meister

Logged in at around 8:30 on a Tuesday night. There're no less than 3 threads on switching from Teles to Strats. What's the world coming to?

18. Colt W. Knight

Colt W. Knight Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I stray occasionally, but I always come back to the tele.

I always hated Strats till I built this one. I would have kept it if I could.

[​IMG]

After that one, I got motivated and finished off this build. Decided to keep it for myself.

19. gitlvr

gitlvr Friend of Leo's

i have 2 strats. Both are partscasters. One was built on the cheap. It's just "meh". I can take it or leave it. I got what I "paid" for.
    The other has a StewMac Flametop body(ash with flame maple veneer, cherry burst) and Mighty Mite neck (rosewood 'board). I loaded it with Seymour Duncans and used quality parts throughout, and it's one of the best guitars I've ever owned or played.
    I really need to build one from scratch one day.

20. cleanman

cleanman Tele-Holic

I started out a strat guy cause of Hendrix, got a Schecter parts-caster in the 80's and stopped looking for many years. Fooled around with a tele five or six years ago and got the bug. Went through a few and put together a wonderful parts caster. Had kept the strat and decided to upgrade it this year. I now understand why polygamy exist. Why choose, get one of each and enjoy the differences. This polygamy is legal and you can sleep with both eyes closed and a smile on your face.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.