is this an issue or just aesthetically non pleasing

GLee94

Tele-Meister
thanks guys! i just really bonded with the guitar from the jump and i guess i have a habit of over-analyzing as many have pointed out. i’m gonna let it be as everything is snug and it plays very well. i honestly think they took a little too much off the front side of the pocket in that corner as 75% of the neck pocket is making contact and when i put a piece of printer paper in the gap it stops after just a few mm so i’d say the fit is solid…sorry to bother some of you…i know some people are solely players, i also enjoy tinkering and wanted to make sure this wasn’t something that would snowball later on…

FortyEight

Friend of Leo's
thanks guys! i just really bonded with the guitar from the jump and i guess i have a habit of over-analyzing as many have pointed out. i’m gonna let it be as everything is snug and it plays very well. i honestly think they took a little too much off the front side of the pocket in that corner as 75% of the neck pocket is making contact and when i put a piece of printer paper in the gap it stops after just a few mm so i’d say the fit is solid…sorry to bother some of you…i know some people are solely players, i also enjoy tinkering and wanted to make sure this wasn’t something that would snowball later on…

It's good to have engineers and detailed oriented people in the world to be on top of these details. I wouldn't feel bad. I actually learned a little bit after reading all the responses. I mean I would think it would not be good if a neck pocket was kind of all wonky. But the flipside even if it looked a lot worse and sounded and played great, I think that trumps having everything fall within speck. My thing with guitars is they're all so different. And sometimes why one works well seems like a mystery. LOL. Not necessarily always because they look perfect.