is this an issue or just aesthetically non pleasing

GLee94

Tele-Meister
so i just got one of the entry level ibanez Azes…the neck is amazing and the stock electronics are much better and more useable than i expected…the only issue i have is a very small gap on one side of the neck pocket. on the back where the heel meets the neck…i reset the neck and it is sitting level in the neck pocket…just curious does this look like an issue to anyone? my guess is they got a little too happy sanding one side of the pocket and it’s actually lower than the rest of the pocket (which sits flush)…this one rings like a bell and plays great I just had to find something to nitpick…i’ve seen worse on guitars that cost 3x as much as this just wanted to get some opinions…screws are not bound in body either (i checked)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 148

FortyEight

Tele-Afflicted
Got pics of the rest of it?

I don't think it would even dawn on me that's a problem at that price level. I really don't know if I'd even notice at a higher level too. I mean does every 700 dollar guitar have a perfect neck to body snugness? Maybe it's hard to tell from the pic what it's like......

eallen

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Anytime the pocket surfaces are clean I head for making sure the neck isn't binding on the side of the pocket. If the neck sets flat in the pocket when the screws are loose or removed enlarging the holes on the body usually solves it.

Eric

Wound_Up

Tele-Holic
so i just got one of the entry level ibanez Azes…the neck is amazing and the stock electronics are much better and more useable than i expected…the only issue i have is a very small gap on one side of the neck pocket. on the back where the heel meets the neck…i reset the neck and it is sitting level in the neck pocket…just curious does this look like an issue to anyone? my guess is they got a little too happy sanding one side of the pocket and it’s actually lower than the rest of the pocket (which sits flush)…this one rings like a bell and plays great I just had to find something to nitpick…i’ve seen worse on guitars that cost 3x as much as this just wanted to get some opinions…screws are not bound in body either (i checked)

I don't see a problem. Play it and quit nitpicking. Seems like your looking to find something wrong.

Ebidis

Friend of Leo's
I've seen worse on more expensive guitars. If the neck is stable, you have no worries.

trev333

Telefied
Ad Free Member
take the neck off, flat sand the pocket with a small block... looks like the finish on one side of the pocket at the front is stopping the neck sitting flat....

might be a small bit of shaving under the heel holding it up....

a good clean out and trim of any paint spill around the edges of the whole pocket might improve the fit... :)