Is this a standard tele bridge ?

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by zorgzorg2, Oct 20, 2008.

1. zorgzorg2

zorgzorg2 Tele-Meister

Hi guys,

I own and enjoy very much a cheap vantage telecaster copy. However I would like to change the 6 saddles-bridge to a 3 saddles-bridge. I don't care about it being vintage or modern, but it has to be a top-loader.

Now, I've been looking around and it seems that the current bridge I have is like a std am. tele bridge. But since I can't find the specs, I need your help :

1/ does this have the same dimensions as a std am. tele bridge ? (excuse the poor measurements done with a simple school ruler)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2/ do you know of any new top-loader, 3-saddles, compatible bridge I could purchase ?

Thanks !

Last edited: Oct 21, 2008
  2. zorgzorg2

zorgzorg2 Tele-Meister

Imperial measures

I just converted to imperial units, so that anyone could check :)

3. yegbert

yegbert Poster Extraordinaire

Does it have the same screw hole placement and saddle type as a Mighty Mite 2112?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If so, the screw hole placement is the same as an American Standard. Glendale and Callaham make 3-saddle string through bridges that will match up to the screw holes, but you'd have to inquire whether they will make one toploader, or you could drill it out yourself for toploading. But those are rather expensive options.

Why do you want 3 saddles? What's wrong with the stock bridge and its six saddles?

4. zorgzorg2

zorgzorg2 Tele-Meister

Yes, it looks very similar, thanks for the info !

The main reason I want to change to 3 saddles is that I have trouble keeping the saddles flat (they tend to turn around the screw a little bit). So I though having a string on both side of the intonation screw (in the case of 3 saddle bridges) would solve this problem.
    And another reason is that I don't like to put glue on the action screw to keep them from turning.

So my choices where either to replace it with a gotoh modern bridge (hence strat-like saddles), which won't do because it does not work with top loaders, or the vintage 3 saddle bridge...

Now, I see that there are no cheap alternatives, so I might as well stick with my saddles full of glue...

Thanks for the info anyway !

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.