1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Is there a vaccine against G.A.S.?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Mr_Martin, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Deathray

Deathray Tele-Afflicted

Well, that’s a work of art! I think you are 100% right.
    After ponying up the money to buy my LP Standard 50s, the guitars in the $500-$800 range that I had been buying/selling/trading suddenly have lost their powers to seduce me. I just find I am perfectly happy with my Standard. It always will deliver anything I need, it’s now a matter of my abilities.
    25D62ADC-4EEC-484B-9B1C-741144E81E15.jpeg

imwjl likes this.
  2. johnnylaw

johnnylaw Tele-Afflicted

Tuition.

3. imwjl

imwjl Poster Extraordinaire

Nice. It's super to have a loved special instrument. I really enjoyed a few Les Pauls I tried. What's strange is I really came from acoustic player so a LP would seem really heavy or maybe dense because the bigger semi-hollows are not really lightweights.

Time might have changed things. It was now in 2013 when I was first able to try some Collings electrics. At that point the prices were absolutely competitive and less against the Gibson Memphis and custom shop.

There's no denying I lost the common sense or discipline I try to have with money over my two special guitars but as said, it stopped what was a lot of buy, sell, trade that was not exactly a money making activity.

It's rare that an instrument purchase is an investment but starting 1-2 years ago I've seen the rare sales of used Santa Cruz model much like mine go for more than I paid for it.

Deathray likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.