Is there a song worse than China Grove?

Lone_Poor_Boy

Tele-Afflicted
Did y'all run out of other stuff to crap on? These just mostly seem arbitrary as ****, and because they're overplayed. Not because they're bad songs, because most are pretty damn good songs, in their time and space.

Damn, old farts. Try not to sound like such a bunch of old farts.

R.ee15ec10b79836555fd5b78a3dbb00ae.jpg

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Anything by Lynard Skynard.
It may be impossible to separate Skynyrd Southern attitude or culture from the actual execution of their music,

but I always thought they had great song arrangements.

And the 'guitarcraft' ( playing and sound) and sound choreography of 3 -really strong guitar players ( who played what, and how they were mixed) was nothing short of amazing.
( at least that's what I hear)

Hank-Frost

TDPRI Member
Did y'all run out of other stuff to crap on? These just mostly seem arbitrary as ****, and because they're overplayed. Not because they're bad songs, because most are pretty damn good songs, in their time and space.

View attachment 998181
I agree with you about the thread, but I assumed the posters were mainly Gen Z kids. Is there a "teenager yells at cloud" meme?

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member

View attachment 998181
It is with some trepidation that I must point out to you, that you have answered your own question; "Did y'all run out of other stuff to crap on?" It is obvious that even though we've now come to 29 pages of considerable much ado about nothing, this is in no way a record for out dealing with the absurd. I could point out literally thousands of posts about tone woods, and other equally unimportant subjects that we have beaten to within an inch of their lives, and yet we can never conclude that a subject is entirely dead. The Bad Dog is for discussion about ANYTHING that the mods will let stand, no one has EVER accused this forum of being tasteful in this endeavor.

MarkieMark

Friend of Leo's
IMO the real one, the one sung by B. J. Thomas is an example of a perfect pop song in writing, arranging, and performance. The version by Blue Swede sounds like it's performed by Neanderthals wearing suits.
OK, I officially submit that if one doesn't know this...
Or how to spell Lynyrd Skynyrd...
One should recuse themselves from this line of commentary entirely.

Next up, Lenny Kravitz slaughtered soulless version of American Woman.
Travesty.

Respectfully,
TDPRI John

Last edited:

sonicsmitty

Tele-Afflicted
Sat through that in actual physical pain at the Hollywood Sportatorium in 1980 waiting for Blue Oyster Cult to go on. In fact, everyone in the arena was sitting. Slow ride, indeed.
And then, Albert Bouchard wasn't even on drums with BOC which was 90% of the reason I was there. Major drag.
Where was Albert? He was there when I saw them in 1981. None of the four times after though.

gkterry

Tele-Afflicted
Born in the USA. Repetitve and inane. Were it not for the patriotic theme, it would have barely gotten played anywhere.

I am a patriotic person and love my country but that is the stupidest song ever written.

brookdalebill

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Though it is totally 70’s guitar-riff-ilicious, Ram Jam’s Black Betty, is a little over-ripe, IMO.
I admire the arranging, and execution, BUT, there’s something fishy about it.

Doctor of Teleocity
Born in the USA. Repetitve and inane. Were it not for the patriotic theme, it would have barely gotten played anywhere.

I am a patriotic person and love my country but that is the stupidest song ever written.
F0D60B5E-29AB-41FD-BE4F-3E33DE16FC9F.jpeg