Is there a song worse than China Grove?

Speedy454

Tele-Holic
28 pages so far!
Most music is mindless, pointless drivel made to play on the radio and make someone a few bucks. Nothing more, nothing less. Give the people something to dance to.

archetype

Fiend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
U-ga-chucka, U-ga-chucka, I can’t fight this feeling, deep inside of me …. Worst song ever, by B.J.Thomas. You know I’m right.

IMO the real one, the one sung by B. J. Thomas is an example of a perfect pop song in writing, arranging, and performance. The version by Blue Swede sounds like it's performed by Neanderthals wearing suits.

archetype

Fiend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
My wife and I met our landscape designer to look at trees and plan some future plantings. Probably 500 feet down that road some classic rock cover band was playing China Grove. Well... ok. They're fulfilling somebody's wishes.

Hank-Frost

TDPRI Member
Wow, I like nearly every song I see mentioned in this thread. Some of them I consider great music by some of the most talented musicians to ever play rock music. I am disappointed that so many people here seem to have such limited and bland musical taste.

China Grove isn't the greatest song ever, but it's pretty good. The Doobie Brothers with Michael McDonald were really good. Lynyrd Skynyrd (pre-1977) is one of those rare bands, like Led Zeppelin, Rush, etc., in which every member was a giant musical talent.