Is there a good Tech 21 Sansamp Classic layout and schematic?

MrCoolGuy

Tele-Afflicted
That is basically my question. Is there a good Tech 21 Sansamp Classic layout and schematic out there somewhere. I have looked quite a bit, but results are sketchy at best.

The question arises because I bought a broken pedal at a discounted rate... because it looked like they just tried to change a couple caps... and I thought I could just correct the job... but I'm having trouble finding a good layout, schematic or even good pictures of the properly assembled guts. Anyone been through this?

Attachments

• 20220517_230803.jpg
    20220517_230803.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 38

generic202

Tele-Meister
Are you talking about this schematic? https://www.diystompboxes.com/pedals/schems/Sansamp_Classic_Rev11.gif

To my understanding, that's the only available schematic because it's really difficult to dissect that little square thing (between the pots) to uncover the circuit hiding in it. As you may know, those Sansamp pedals are a pain to repair because the main circuit is embedded in that square piece. If something's wrong in that portion of the circuit, I don't think it's worth fixing.

MrCoolGuy

Tele-Afflicted
Yeah, where the led light is connected to the little hidden board had snapped off. There was barely a trace / lug visible...
But I grinded away a small piece of the white backing to reveal enough trace to solder to. I got that much done. I think that was the hardest part and probably why the pedal was sold instead of repaired.

Tommy Biggs

Friend of Leo's
Their service center is in Northern NJ, they were VERY reasonably priced when I had an old pedal serviced (definitely 10+ years ago). Nice that it was on shore (and less than 10 miles from my home!) when I needed work done.
I understand about wanting to DIY it though...

MrCoolGuy

Tele-Afflicted
Well, I couldnt get it. I ordered a replacement board.
But, as you can see, the replacement boards are different. Its a pretty similar layout, I can tell where most things go...
but I'm waiting on some instruction before I proceed. Or at least a picture. I can only find 1 picture online of an assembled sansamp with the new board... and the pic I found doesnt have a daughter board on the input jack... so I'm confused.
Anyone out there have a picture of a new style sansamp circuit?
16539641722087261791886503481583.jpg