Is there a brand (of anything) that you're very loyal to?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Colo Springs E, Mar 19, 2019.

1. straightface

straightface Friend of Leo's

Levi’s in spite of declining quality over the years, they are still the only jeans I buy. Also Carhartt sweatshirts. Anybody who makes an all cotton non-wrinkle free shirt will get at least an audition.

getbent and Deathray like this.
  2. noah330

noah330 Friend of Leo's

They say most guys stay loyal to the brand of shaving razor they own. I have always used Gillette. I think that was the first brand I bought when I started shaving and I just never changed it.

I tend to always buy my clothes at Lucky Brand or Banana Republic. I know there are other stores but if I go to the same place it's quicker.

Nickadermis likes this.
  3. trapdoor2

trapdoor2 Tele-Afflicted Gold Supporter

Well, we're on our third Subaru Outback now...that may be a trend.

Um, I tend to be more brand loyal with certain foods:

Heinz ketchup
    Stokely Van Camp Pork 'n' Beans
    JIF peanut butter (crunchy)
    Starkist tuna
    Hellman's mayo

Drinks: Diet Coke. Milo's unsweet tea (local brand).

I used to be a "Gentleman Jack" drinker almost exclusively...until I discovered the universe of single-malt scotches (and Bulliet Rye). I eventually found Glenmorangie...but that didn't really stop my exploration.

On the clothing side:

Levis...like @boredguy6060, I have been wearing them since childhood and refuse to wear anything else for informal winter-wear. If it is above 50F, I'm in shorts (anything cheap that fits).
    Allen Edmonds: I had a pair that I had rebuilt 3 times in 10 yrs (I'm hard on shoes). Best formal-wear shoes I ever owned. I don't do "formal" anymore.
    New Balance tennis shoes ("trainers" for you Brits). Gotta pair on right now.
    Reefs sandals (I think I'm on my 5th pair over the years). They tend to be wide and fit me perfectly right off the rack.
    Tony Lama: when I was wearing boots, that's the only brand I would wear. Haven't had a pair since the 1970's though.
    Gold toe socks.
    Fruit of the Loom underwear

4. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Why so many “shoes” specifics ?

Oh - normal feet ? Boy feet ? Little feet ? :mad::mad::mad:

I usually go to Nordstrom rack and clomp-clomp-clomp on over to the size 13-15 section and buy whatever the hell’s there for whatever footwear purpose I’m trying to fulfill. (Please Lord, let there be something that fits, let there be something that fits and doesn’t look dumb...)

And if there are two pair of the same one I like ?

Better buy them right then because it makes the eternal struggle that much easier...:cry:

And **ck you Adidas with your under-sizing !

That is all...o_O

5. RL52

RL52 Tele-Meister

You can wear WalMart $3.17 pants and shirts, but a cheap pair of shoes will make you effing miserable.

6. Mike Eskimo

Oh - and formal ?

One time at Nordstrom Rack I found a pair of rubber soled Cole Haan slip-ones in black and said “these will check off many boxes.” Right next to them was a dark tan pair and I said “oh yeah – come to papa.”

I wear each of them 1 to 2 times a year at weddings or funerals, they’ll never wear out , and there’s nothing better in the formal shoe landscape than comfortable formal shoes.

7. darkwaters

darkwaters Tele-Afflicted

Ches's Fish & Chips
    Port Rexton T Rex Porter
    India Gate buffet special
    Jumping Bean coffee
    TC Electronics pedals

8. Mike Eskimo

Indeed.

Converse All Stars ? Bye bye.

I’m fitty-five and can’t hang in you anymore...

flathd and nojazzhere like this.
  9. rocking rooster

rocking rooster Tele-Meister

Levi's, Adidas, Mazda, Harley-Davidson, Sure Microphones. Everything else is up for grabs.

PS Ernie Ball

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
  10. Chiogtr4x

Chiogtr4x Friend of Leo's

I'm a potato chip( and salty snacks) addict, really!

I love them and should write a book about what I like ( have categories like regular potato chips/flavored/rippled/kettle/corn chips...)
    I'm not exclusive to any brand, but UTZ ( in terms of having the most/quality products I love) definitely stands out as my fave brand of chips.

I really don't buy guitars anymore but love Martin's, Blueridge, Fenders, and Epiphone ( just good values at various price points)
    Fender amps, and Vox too

Strings- Pearse and D'addario are at the top of my list

11. memorex

memorex Friend of Leo's

With regard to food, there's a couple items I prefer, like Heinz ketchup, or Hellman's Mayonnaise, but otherwise, no brand loyalty. With regard to clothes, I buy what fits and is on sale. My guitars are Partcasters. Generally, I buy what I like with little regard for brand names.

12. RL52

RL52 Tele-Meister

Was a die hard Levi’s guy.
    They moved to Mexico, doubled their price and seemed to do a really bad translation of standard to metric system

My 34 length became 38 or 29 according to them.

Was a dedicated Honda owner until the last one that is fun to own with its exploding air bags and peeling paint.

Apple Computer is still very good with their quality control.
    Nothing has caught on fire, exploded or burnt out, yet, fingers crossed.

nojazzhere likes this.
  13. magicfingers99

magicfingers99 Tele-Afflicted

I absolutely love the "Assorted Artists", every song they do sounds different. Absolutey top notch stuff for decades. I wish they would tour I'd love to see them live.

I have at least 6 cds from them and none of them sound alike,but they are all great.

I'm definitely loyal to their brand anyhow.....

bromdenlong likes this.
  14. GGardner

GGardner Tele-Afflicted

Interesting question. I bought a brand new VW Passat that was nothing but trouble. I'll never buy another VW. Ever. I had a Volvo that was equally troublesome, but I bought another and would get another (if I could justify the cash outlay, which I probably couldn't). I've had three Toyotas that were as faithful and low maintenance as country hounds and could survive an atomic blast. But i'm not certain I'd get another (although the new Rav 4 is awfully cool-looking). Sorry for my ramblings.

nojazzhere likes this.
  15. magicfingers99

never buy the discount colostomy bags either, thats just a bad day waiting to happen...

nojazzhere and RL52 like this.
  16. Fireball519

Fireball519 Tele-Meister

You and I sound like one and the same except...I'm a Samsung guy

Hatfield92 likes this.
  17. Mike Eskimo

18. magicfingers99

side question, do you "love your brand" because of some innate quality, or is it the advertising or perceived prestige, that accounts for your desire for a service or good that is branded with a corporate brand?

I bought some Elixir strings that turned out to be chinese knock offs, they were good bronze strings, but no coating. I liked the sound enough I bought 2 more pairs after I found out they were fakes. They were only like 5$, so not a great deal to lose.

definitely something I would have to say the brand is infinetly superior to the knockoffs.

so Elixirs is something I will make sure I only buy brand name from reputable sources.

19. stephent2

stephent2 Poster Extraordinaire

My brand loyalty is more like a preference.

Use to be Levis, now I'm buying Fair Trade Certified™ and Organic Cotton pants and shirts from Prana.

Use to be SAABs, now it's Subarus.

Lems and Altra shoes (zero drop heel)

Goodsell Amps all the way.

Talkovich Guitars (for what should be obvious reasons)

Apple products, computers, iPads, iPhones. They just work.

20. raysachs

raysachs Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Honda, Apple, and Fender. I don't play Fender stuff exclusively, but it's ALWAYS #1...

Since I bought my first Civic in 1979, I've also bought Nissan, Ford, Toyota, VW, even a beat up old Saab once from a friend who was a Saab mechanic. I always come back to Honda though - neither my wife or I have driven anything else since 2003. I used PC stuff in my work life most of the time, but always had Apple gear at home and since I retired, I have one old Amazon tablet I only use as a Sonos controller in one room - everything else is Apple...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.