1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Is there a 6 saddle modern Tele bridge to replace a vintage type ? (Four hole base plate ?)

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by moonman2, Oct 31, 2020.

1. moonman2

moonman2 Tele-Meister

I want to replace the vintage ash tray bridge with a modern 6 saddle style. However, I’m wanting a straight swap rather than having to drill new holes etc.
    The vintage has 4 holes at the bottom of the base plate and the only modern 6 saddle style ones I’ve found have 3 holes.
    Is there any 4 hole modern bridges available that will be a straight swap ?

2. LutherBurger

LutherBurger Poster Extraordinaire

Fender 0053354000 (under $20)
    Gotoh GTC202 (around $60)

There are others, too.

moonman2 likes this.
  3. Tuxedo Poly

Tuxedo Poly Tele-Afflicted

If you don't like 3 saddle bridges the Gotoh GTC 201 or 202. Which one depends if you prefer brass or steel saddles.
    Axecaster usually have both types for around £45.
    If it's a modern bridge and 3 saddles are ok there's also the Gotoh BS-TC2 which is modern shape but has 3 compensated saddles which help to resolve intonation problems.

moonman2 likes this.
  4. loopfinding

loopfinding Tele-Holic

The plain old MIM 6 saddle stainless steel bridges are generally interchangeable. And cheap. Same spacing, just the plate itself is a little longer on the tail end (where the bend is, it shouldn’t really matter). Source: I swapped mine out for a vintage bridge plate.

casey2910 and moonman2 like this.
  5. SbS

SbS Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

There are Kluson branded bridges too, a bit cheaper than Gotoh. In the UK I've seen that WD Music got them.

I have WD Music's humbucker bridge (vintage spec string through and screw holes) and it fits nicely. But haven't got experience of those single Tele bridge models.

moonman2 likes this.
  6. Tommy Biggs

Tommy Biggs Friend of Leo's

+1 for the Gotoh, I've had mine on there for a long time.
    Even so, If I got another Tele I'd go traditional, or at most 3 Saddle Compensated.
    Why are you interested in switching? Not criticizing, just askin'!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.