1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Is there a “preferred” grain pattern on Teles?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by dscottyg, Jan 20, 2021.

1. LGOberean

LGOberean Doctor of Teleocity

Thanks, I like that bridge pickup alignment, too. So much so that I chose that feature for those two (of my five) teles. Here they are again, side by side. The BSB is older, made in 2011, the "Firecaster" on the left was made in 2019. That pic was taken when the Firecaster was new.

Logan Custom teles with DiMarzio Twang Kings.png

Neither tele was custom made by me, but by Bob Logan of Logan Custom Guitars. It's his Logan Custom straight plate bridge. Here's a close-up on the bridge plate of the BSB when it was new. You can see his name engraved in the plate. BTW, the plate is stainless steel.

06-30-2011 - Logan Custom BSB - 3.jpg

2. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

[​IMG]

Holy Smokes! I apologize - I stand corrected.

But I sure would have wept, the day they cut that magnificent tree down. It must have been just incredible. And an incredibly fast growing ash, as well.

Except, now they say all these ash trees are living on borrowed time. I hope, somehow, this isn't true.

+

Anyway, I've got (really) too many of these 1 piece ash bodies. Almost all from Tommy Rosamond. I doubt any of the trees mine came from, were more than 40% of the size of this tree yours came from. This is a mind blowing image.

etype likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.