Is the Epiphone Valve Jr. craze over?

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by emu!, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Chris S.

Chris S. Asst. Admin

Three year old question.

2. PCollen

PCollen Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I'm sure they all learned their lesson...next time, buy a HEAD. I still use mine through a 1x12 cab and it sounds great for practice at home. I made some Fender-y mods (cost $0.00) and don't try to push it to distortion...it will never be a Marshall. I use my Boss ME-70 through it, keeping the amp clean, and it is a great amp and only $99 . Cheaper than a stomp box. Going on 7 years and never a problem with it.

3. Octave Doctor

Octave Doctor Tele-Afflicted

Saw one on CL yesterday for only $80.00. Craze must be officially over, lol.

4. PCollen

PCollen Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

No longer made/available new. And many are AFU due to various mods. If you are an amp builder, the head cab and chassis alone are worth $80.

5. MarkieMark

MarkieMark Tele-Afflicted

Sorry for continuing the old thread, forgive me for I am new here and have a related question.
    Found the thread researching inexpensive low watt tube amps. (I saw this Epiphone Vj referenced in a Tim Pierce video)
    If anyone cares to respond, what alternatives would you suggest in a low watt tube amp for "bedroom/project" studio use?
    *I have no time for getting heavily into modding, though I have the skills etc if it was something quick and simple.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.