1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Is TDPRI history? (merged)

Discussion in 'Forum Problems & Issues' started by DHart, Oct 2, 2018.

1. teleplayr

teleplayr Tele-Afflicted

Just received this spam mail this morning, it originated from my being a member here.......

[​IMG] Hi

I am Mr. Robert Dogbey. a banker by profession, worked with First Gulf Bank in Abu Dhabi for 15 years.( United Arab Emirates ) now currently holding the post of director auditing in the account department of the bank .I have the opportunity in transferring the sum of US $ 11,480,000,00)eleven million four hundred and eighty thousand dollars) i being deposited in to an escrow account by our Customer who unfortunately died on 15th July 2012 in a fatal plane crash in Northern China which involved the lives of his entire family. Based on this negative circumstances the deceased customer late Mr.Benson Rashidovich have no relation like his next of kin or beneficiary left behind to file application of claim for the funds to the management of the bank. Regard to this opportunity i am contacting you to stand forth as the deceased customers beneficiary to receive the funds in your country. I will use my position and influence in the bank in working hand in hand with you on legal procedures and direction on how to materialize a successful transfer of the funds into your external provided account details. What is highly required of you is the ability to be reliable, honest, trusted and to keep all information concerning this transaction and your involvement as the beneficiary strictly confidential to avoid public exposure, as you can understand that the less people involved the better. I am willing to offer you 40% out of the total funds for your vital role in standing as the beneficiary of the funds and i assured you that there will be no risk or anything incriminating against your freedom or reputation with your involvement with me in this transaction. I am hoping in the favor of your urgent response. This is My email: you can contact me in my email
    robertdodbey11@gmail.com
    Thanks Mr Robert Dogbey

2. SamIV

SamIV Tele-Holic

Still getting the Walmart crap thing here. Also get site not protected when I login here.

Edit. Now it says something about an AT&T customer not Walmart. Am I the only one getting these annoying pop ups. Can’t be. There has to be a fix. And I got it on the Gear Page last night as well. Both this site and Gear Page say not safe when you log in. Never go there but was annoyed of the pop ups here and was bored.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
    MonkeyJefferson likes this.
  3. awasson

awasson Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Weird... I’ve been coming here for 8 years and I haven’t experienced any of these symptoms. Not on my phone, not on my iPad and not on my desktop. Aside from the server going down last month and my membership not showing on my avatar after I renewed it, everything seems fine.

4. schmee

schmee Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

This site is truly PLAGUED
    Boy it sure is. Wasn't available today for all morning for me. Finally got here but things dont post or boot up properly. Or double post. Or not at all or... wont come up when cliked on...

5. schmee

schmee Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Too bad after all these years. Pretty much impossible to use this site for some time now. The Weber Forum died a fast death after just a software change. I'd say 90% decrease in use in a month or two? But it was better than this.
    Too bad, been nice guys...

6. brogh

brogh Moderator Staff Member

Admin Post
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

7. bcorig

bcorig Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Historically, are there seasonal variations in use?
    The site seems OK since the early November contretemps.
    Good thread on chords and scales just posted.

8. fraser

fraser Tele-Holic

Works fine for me.

9. brogh

Admin Post
    yes, in summer a lot of just seen X live pop up, autumn and prexmas is gear momentum, post xmas until spring is the sellallmycr*p season, and in spring the "i need something new" thread are the most, we had good and bad years here, it all depends about the moisture in the air and the availability of tonewood packed with directional cables.

:)

10. PeterUK

PeterUK Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

It’s okay laughing but the site is not functioning properly, the Asian spam is at epidemic levels and the performance is not acceptable.

The founder Paul Green introduces some basic rules, one primarily showing respect and courtesy to other members, and your nine mocking faces don’t display that philosophy.

As a ‘Super Moderator’, you should know this.

11. TeleTucson

TeleTucson Tele-Afflicted

I'd have to agree with this. Especially when folks are invited to, and do, pay for higher levels of ad-free service.

Greggorios, Teleguy61, Ekko and 5 others like this.
  12. beagle

beagle Friend of Leo's

Once somebody feeds the hamster everything will be fine. :lol:

cpu power.gif

jim777, esetter, Wildcard_35 and 11 others like this.
  13. Frank'n'censed

Frank'n'censed Doctor of Teleocity

”Is TDPRI history?”

We’re ALL history...it’s only a matter of time

It’s time to rise up, brothers & sisters, tone wood & directional cables in hand & smite the oppression! ;)

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
  14. drf64

drf64 Poster Extraordinaire

15. beagle

beagle Friend of Leo's

Here on TDPRI that's a very fine line. :)

drf64 and nojazzhere like this.
  16. Doctorx33

Doctorx33 Tele-Afflicted

I quit accessing TDPRI on my phone. The "Congratulations! You won!" popups make it impossible to do so.

And don't tell me to get an ad blocker. Why should I get a fix for something that is the sites problem?

None of any of the other websites I visit do this to my phone. None.

Ekko, JustABluesGuy, Toadtele and 8 others like this.
  17. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Telefied Ad Free Member

I'm not sure what you're referring to @schmee , but for some time now I find TDPRI loads so slowly that it's almost unusable.
    I can wait for many minutes to load a tab, when ebay, offsetguitars, youtube and even news sties with multiple videos load normally.

Is this a problem others are having?

I generally see the entire "new posts" box is made up of TDPRI auto posts of new ebay listings.
    Does this mean that when I open or load a tab it is bogging down in a constant ebay search, to find and add ebay listings for Fender stuff?

I use adblock so my TDPRI feed is not bogging down with lots of GIFs/ ads loading.
    But it's gotten way slower than any other website, and at times the connection times out because it took so long to load.

I do clear all my history including cache and cookies etc regularly.

jrblue, montemerrick, Tootle and 4 others like this.
  18. Wally

Wally Telefied Ad Free Member

Re: made in ?China spam.....I have not had one single episode of this spam since taking the preventative steps that were outlined over a month ago.

Brogh’s laughing.....I don’t see any disrespect there.....just a belly laugh in response to a post that suggests something that is not so. Ommv.

I see plenty of threads going on. Perhaps there are fewer than at other times in the past, but this site is still more active than others I have been visiting lately.

19. Squiertony

Squiertony TDPRI Member

I'm a new guy here but use one of the sister forums alot and must say this is very slow and the adds are annoying.

Luvs2yoko likes this.
  20. brogh

Admin Post
    and that's what it was intend to be...... thre OP said .... this site has suffered a 90 % decrease on a one or two month basis ? .. cmon .. this is science fiction ..

besides that, there were many lengthy discussion in the last time where I try to do my best to explain what was going on and keeping the techs informed about what was not yet working ...yes because guess what .. the mods do not fix the tech part of the site, you need to use the contact us button, however ... we are aware of the issue, sometimes debugging some functionalities or problems is not THAT easy and it takes some time to be solved.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.