Is TDPRI history? (merged)

moosie

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Hey guys,

First off, I apologize for the forced redirects that we've been getting lately. Trust me, I hate them too. And, if I could somehow put a stop to them without having to remove all ads that help keep the site free to everyone, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Unfortunately, forced redirects are not an issue that are exclusive to this site, rather they are an Internet-wide problem. The redirects come through third-party advertisements (aka "Google ads" but it's more complex than that). We don't want to allow them for obvious reasons and they negatively impact our revenue to help keep our site running.

However, we have a solution that works. Our ad-free options don't allow these redirects, or any ads for that matter, and it only costs as little as $1 per month. Click here for more info: http://www.tdpri.com/account/upgrades

The only loophole with the ad-free option is that if you visit the site and are not logged in, you may get hit with a redirect before you log in. But, once you're logged in with the "Stay logged in" or "Remember me" checkbox checked, the redirects are simply not possible.

Regarding the site slowness, we recently moved our site to a brand new, faster server over the weekend. The slowness was related to some database configurations but that's resolved now. The site is flying now and you should not expect any further issue with performance.

The asian spammers hitting our site to post spam are an issue we are doing our best to resolve.

Thanks for your patience and continued support of TDPRI.
Great news. Thanks for the update!

Bones

Telefied
Ad Free Member
How is your Ad Free membership working out for you Bones ?
That is something that was gifted to me by the previous administration, not something that I asked for. Not sure what the criteria was, but I have also always spoken my mind about this community in addition to providing content. Apparently someone felt I deserved it regardless of what you might think. If it goes away, it goes away, I'm not that active here anymore and it won't make much difference at this point.

tery

Doctor of Teleocity
Mine works. Never see any ads or pop ups or whatever y’all are talking about.

That is something that was gifted to me by the previous administration, not something that I asked for. Not sure what the criteria was, but I have also always spoken my mind about this community in addition to providing content. Apparently someone felt I deserved it regardless of what you might think. If it goes away, it goes away, I'm not that active here anymore and it won't make much difference at this point.

Thank you - I am considering the upgrade and I value your experience .

Bones

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Thank you - I am considering the upgrade and I value your experience .
Oh, it does actually work, not with the connection issues of course, but I have never seen a pop up ad.

I would have thought a silver level membership included ad free.

beagle

Poster Extraordinaire

15,000 posts as I recall

Doctorx33

Friend of Leo's
I just looked for a thread I started in September 2017, and it looks like my threads and posts from 2017 are gone. Everything else is there going back to 2016, and all of 2018. 2017 has been erased.

Reminds me of George Orwell: "He who controls the past, controls the present."