Is TDPRI history? (merged)

getbent

Telefied
Gold Supporter
Not any longer, Alex told us to ignore that and contact him directly. When you contact Alex, he deletes your comment and never responds.

isn't Alex just the male version of Alexa? btw, I LOVE the whole use of the term Gaslight! such a great term that had been in disuse for years and now it is back! YAY.

I hope the site gets fixed up so that it works better... when I have stuff that is misbehaving, I put up hourly updates as to what we are experiencing, what we are doing to mitigate the issues and what the status is... Sometimes if you just don't know OR you don't think things are broken, you don't know what to say...

Hard to tell.

blowtorch

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I LOVE the whole use of the term Gaslight! such a great term that had been in disuse for years and now it is back
gas·light
/ˈɡaslīt/
verb
gerund or present participle: gaslighting

1. manipulate (someone) by psychological means into questioning their own sanity.
All I can say, if someone is questioning their sanity, don't look at me. i didn't do it...:cool:

drf64

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
btw, I LOVE the whole use of the term Gaslight! such a great term that had been in disuse for years and now it is back! YAY.

I worked with a Gaslighter for 10 years. I found the mental struggle to remain grounded in reality was no longer worth the stress, and when I found out that no matter what I did, she would not be fired, I quit. Trust me, nothing in this thread is gaslighting. The Torch generates some heat, but the light is just fine.

Jupiter

Telefied
Silver Supporter
I live in a backwater... so, like the plastic water bottles washing up on a distant atoll.... I see this stuff and say, 'holy clark gable, it is fun to see this!'
Peak was Jan 2017 (just sayin):
gaslighting trend.PNG

That's about when I hadda google it; nowadays I'm all
inigo word.jpg

moosie

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Well, seems the site is temporarily working well enough for us to argue about BS... So which one of us is the paid distractor?

bodevelho

Tele-Meister
No problems here in the sub-arctic (other than the usual end-of-the-world-as-we-know-it drumbeat).

I do seem to recall some yak a few months back about something called "net neutrality" wonder what ever happened with that. . .

cactusrob

Friend of Leo's
I quit accessing TDPRI on my phone. The "Congratulations! You won!" popups make it impossible to do so.

And don't tell me to get an ad blocker. Why should I get a fix for something that is the sites problem?

None of any of the other websites I visit do this to my phone. None.
Just curious, do you access the site thru the web browser directly or do you have the TDPRI app? I use the app and never get any pop ups. I'm no technical guru so I don't know why but it seems logging on via the browser might open the door to pop ups but I could be wrong.

cactusrob

Friend of Leo's
11:35am PST Here is what I know.......:rolleyes:

1. TDPRI is still the number one goto page for my music interests and info.
2. Yes it was running slow this morning so I gave it a break and it is performing just fine right now.
3. I have never been bothered by any ads appearing and I really do not know what you are talking about in that respect. Maybe you are using phones for access but I use my phone also and I do not have a problem. Unless you are talking about the ads running on the right column sometimes.
4. Mods do not read every post instantly and I imagine it takes them all a bit of time to peruse each thread. So if someone wants to get chippy and attempt to break the rules eventually they will be found out.
5. My "Search" function works fine.
6. My posts have not been deleted.
7. Asian spam does not bother me as the simple "ignore" fix works and so be it.
8. I've noticed that Peavey Classic 50 4x10s have dropped to about 300.00 apiece around here. Less than the Classic 30s.
9. I do not get butt hurt if someone calls me out and says I am wrong or corrects me for wrong info. I have been wrong often.
10. Guitar players use all fingers but I am offended if someone uses just one.

Tis the season to be jolly, fa la la la la...la la la later. :)
I'm waiting on those Classic 30s to drop, too. I really want one ! Lol...the 50s probably dropped because they're so dang heavy!

telemnemonics

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Sometimes I really can't figure out why we are arguing here.

Tonewood, tubes, those are solid issues worthy of a beating.
But is there a myth here to debunk or some misled youngsters to set right?

VOXTOTHEMAX

TDPRI Member
I use the app as well and never get a single pop up or you won ad. In fact I get zero ads. The spam is annoying tho but worth it .

Mr Ridesglide

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
I'm not getting any pop up ads, nor spam items. I am an ad free member, so perhaps that helps; i'm not sure.
I do have problems lately with speed of accessing the forums and posts that I want to see, and I have not been able to log in on my phone since about last wednesday or so, maybe thursday.
Hopefully someone is working on it all -

BigDaddyLH

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
btw, I LOVE the whole use of the term Gaslight! such a great term that had been in disuse for years and now it is back! YAY.

We are already past the sweet spot with that term, so I hope you enjoyed it while it lasted.

Words of the year, 2018:

Merriam-Webster: Justice
The Oxford Dictionary: Toxic
Dictionary.com: Misinformation

Alex

Administrator
Staff member
Hey guys,

First off, I apologize for the forced redirects that we've been getting lately. Trust me, I hate them too. And, if I could somehow put a stop to them without having to remove all ads that help keep the site free to everyone, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Unfortunately, forced redirects are not an issue that are exclusive to this site, rather they are an Internet-wide problem. The redirects come through third-party advertisements (aka "Google ads" but it's more complex than that). We don't want to allow them for obvious reasons and they negatively impact our revenue to help keep our site running.

However, we have a solution that works. Our ad-free options don't allow these redirects, or any ads for that matter, and it only costs as little as $1 per month. Click here for more info: http://www.tdpri.com/account/upgrades

The only loophole with the ad-free option is that if you visit the site and are not logged in, you may get hit with a redirect before you log in. But, once you're logged in with the "Stay logged in" or "Remember me" checkbox checked, the redirects are simply not possible.

Regarding the site slowness, we recently moved our site to a brand new, faster server over the weekend. The slowness was related to some database configurations but that's resolved now. The site is flying now and you should not expect any further issue with performance.

The asian spammers hitting our site to post spam are an issue we are doing our best to resolve.

Thanks for your patience and continued support of TDPRI.