1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Is TDPRI history? (merged)

Discussion in 'Forum Problems & Issues' started by DHart, Oct 2, 2018.

1. bftfender

bftfender Poster Extraordinaire

its making me purchase a 50 watt el34 Marshall JCM 900

2. cjrincon03

cjrincon03 Tele-Meister

I get the “congrats you won” on other sites but never TDPRI. Interesting indeed ! I use the app sometimes too with great sucess

3. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

It takes time to route everything through china , filter everyone's personal information and compile dossiers.
    The posts get through eventually even if it takes a few minutes to load or follow our commands.:)

4. Matt G

Matt G Tele-Afflicted

Yes.

I'm also having troubles (even though running up-to-date Win 10 on a beast of a PC) with load times. I know the crew are working on it, and am not fussed. Some things simply can't be magicked into obedience. Meanwhile, you mods and the backroom team have done a great job over the years.

5. Slippery Jack

Slippery Jack Tele-Meister

I didn't have an issue before today, but now it's really slow. But no issues with ads or pop ups or Chinese spam.

6. Tonetele

Tonetele Poster Extraordinaire

I hope this site doesn't disappear but we have all kinds of problems lately, not just our Asian posts, but slowness. At times- total meltdown.
    I put that down to internet overuse here as the schoolkids are mow beginning summer holidays.
    Toady has been particularly bad. not just s-l-o-w but not working. I hope the administrators can get it right. There's over 100,000 members here and some good banter and interesting discussion, as well as problem solving and advice.

PeterUK likes this.
  7. Tonetele

I hope this site doesn't disappear but we have all kinds of problems lately, not just our Asian posts, but slowness. At times- total meltdown.
    I put that down to internet overuse here as the schoolkids are mow beginning summer holidays.
    Toady has been particularly bad. not just s-l-o-w but not working. I hope the administrators can get it right. There's over 100,000 members here and some good banter and interesting discussion, as well as problem solving and advice.

8. JuneauMike

JuneauMike Poster Extraordinaire

Yep. I'm in Alaska and it is dragging to the point that its unusable.

9. MatsEriksson

MatsEriksson Tele-Afflicted

I've noticed - since we/me/ access it from the Europe, EU, that it has had some detrimental things going on since the GDPR inclusion early this summer. It got worse ever since that one. Beginning of June I think. This - of course - is not even detectable by stateside users. Of course the chinese spams are the same, but the time and tardiness, and the general access to it, with number of popups and things that we can't block. I find that it may be correlated, that as one access it, it takes too long time, to sort out and block all things that would get in the way otherwise.

I have not got that GDPR warning or disclaimer when I log in here, as I even had with TGP, or GearSlutz or any other page. I don't really know what this has to do with it, but I can't think it's just a coincidence, that the irks, quirks of this site, started to ramp up quite a bit, just after that GDPR thing came into active duty.

Which makes no sense, since the US citizens should face no GDPR "acceptance" pages anyway.

10. MatsEriksson

I've noticed - since we/me/ access it from the Europe, EU, that it has had some detrimental things going on since the GDPR inclusion early this summer. It got worse ever since that one. Beginning of June I think. This - of course - is not even detectable by stateside users. Of course the chinese spams are the same, but the time and tardiness, and the general access to it, with number of popups and things that we can't block. I find that it may be correlated, that as one access it, it takes too long time, to sort out and block all things that would get in the way otherwise.

I have not got that GDPR warning or disclaimer when I log in here, as I even had with TGP, or GearSlutz or any other page. I don't really know what this has to do with it, but I can't think it's just a coincidence, that the irks, quirks of this site, started to ramp up quite a bit, just after that GDPR thing came into active duty.

Which makes no sense, since the US citizens should face no GDPR "acceptance" pages anyway. When I pressed "post reply" on this particular post, nothing happened at the first 3 times. When it "hooked" the progress just rolled and updating for like 4 minutes.

11. MatsEriksson

Which makes no sense, since the US citizens should face no GDPR "acceptance" pages anyway. When I pressed "post reply" on this particular post, nothing happened at the first 3 times. When it "hooked" the progress just rolled and updating for like 4 minutes. Which means, I may have posted it 5 times repeatedly, in a row, on this thread, without really knowing it.

12. maxvintage

maxvintage Friend of Leo's

Just now I clicked on TDPRI. Nothing happened. Check again--is it loading? Seems to have hung up. New tab in browser, click to another site, loads instantly, Check back--TDPR still hung up. Get up make a cup of coffee. Ok now TDPRI is finally loaded. Click on this thread. Hangs up again. Wait. Check a couple other sites. Finally its loaded.

I'd like to read the posts since I last posted, but I'm not going to, because it's so slow. We're on a fiber optic line here, with a mesh wifi network. Everything else loads fast. It's TDPRI, not the internet.

If it keeps up I'm going to come here less, because right now it's too annoying to use

13. maxvintage

Just now I clicked on TDPRI. Nothing happened. Check again--is it loading? Seems to have hung up. New tab in browser, click to another site, loads instantly, Check back--TDPR still hung up. Get up make a cup of coffee. Ok now TDPRI is finally loaded. Click on this thread. Hangs up again. Wait. Check a couple other sites. Finally its loaded.

I'd like to read the posts since I last posted, but I'm not going to, because it's so slow. We're on a fiber optic line here, with a mesh wifi network. Everything else loads fast. It's TDPRI, not the internet.

If it keeps up I'm going to come here less, because right now it's too annoying to use

14. maxvintage

EDIT: Tried to post this. pressed "post reply. Nothing happened. Tried it again--nothing happened. Went away for five minutes. Still nothing. I have no idea if this has posted or not. Or double posted. Or what.

Site is useless right now.

15. maxvintage

EDIT: Tried to post this. pressed "post reply. Nothing happened. Tried it again--nothing happened. Went away for five minutes. Still nothing. I have no idea if this has posted or not. Or double posted. Or what.

Site is useless right now.

Ok, ten minutes passed, came back to check to see if this ever posted. Still hung up

16. beagle

beagle Friend of Leo's

All my problems with accessing the site have been over the last couple of months, seemingly all connected with the server move.

I've never seen any GDPR pages at all, here or on Strat-Talk. The Korean spam has been going on for years, it's a momentary inconvenience and doesn't slow the site down at all.

telemnemonics likes this.
  17. maxvintage

Trying to remove the duplicate posts but the hell with it, it takes way too long.

Bye

18. Tonetele

19. MatsEriksson

See, what you all did there.

20. RoyalBaby

RoyalBaby Tele-Afflicted

Couldn’t get TDPRI to work at all this morning so just checking back to see if the site had gone down. It hasn’t but slow.
    It’s just this site ( iPad, android phone, laptop) and nothing else I’m doing.
    I doubt this will drive many regular users away but it won’t do much for passing traffic, potential newbies and therefore ad revenue. Although the current banner ad I have is for CME which is nearly 4000 miles from home so however much it grabs me I won’t be popping in for a packet of strings.
    More Christmas shopping now...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.