1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Is TDPRI history? (merged)

Discussion in 'Forum Problems & Issues' started by DHart, Oct 2, 2018.

1. 7171551

7171551 Tele-Afflicted

I may as well chip in too: Site has been intermittently slow for me for past couple of days. On occasion has timed out completely. Search appears glitchy too. This is all on a fairly well specced Win 10 pc using Firefox. Only tdpri is affected. Haven't seen any chinese characters for a while tho...

Ekko likes this.
  2. rdwhitti

rdwhitti Tele-Holic

Neither search Tablesaw or Table Saw finds anything at all for me.

Edit: sorry was searching by Topic. Switching to Post brought up many posts at least back to 2016 (I got tired of scrolling any further).

3. TeleTucson

TeleTucson Tele-Afflicted

Sorry guys ... I have been hoarding the world's supply of table saws. When I'm finished with my project, I'll release them from captivity unharmed.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
    jrblue and rdwhitti like this.
  4. rolloman

rolloman Tele-Holic

Table Saw goes back to 2004 for me. tablesaw back to 2003. Looks like a crappy search engine.

5. rolloman

rolloman Tele-Holic

Table Saw goes back to 2004 for me. tablesaw back to 2003. Looks like a crappy search engine. Sorry @schmee you may be right about this.

6. SSL9000J

SSL9000J Tele-Meister

And I thought it was just me. Couldn't get the search working earlier.
    So... what other forums does everybody use?

7. Random1643

Random1643 Tele-Afflicted

+1 What Schmee said.

Over the last coupla months I've routinely experienced every site-based glitch, for lack of a better word, that folks have talked about on this thread. New Posts sporting pages full of university promotions posts in some Asian language, double and triple posts, can't get on the site, can't reload the thread, can't post to the thread, the site works but it works s-o s-l-o-w-l-y, onsite functions like Search, My Posts work sporadically, etc. For example, the site was not accessible today between 5:00PM and 6:00PM CST using my phone (Chrome/Android) or laptop (Edge/Windows). I've not dealt with this sorta crap at this level of intensity and duration on any other music-related forum, really ever. PARTING EDIT: Another example is that I'm having real difficulty posting this message. :rolleyes:

For me the calculus is Annoyance Now Exceeds Entertainment - as well as Information, Education and other benefits of a smoothly operating forum.

I just set a reminder on my calendar to check on the site January 15, 2019. Hopefully the site owners/managers will fix the many issues. Keep playing, folks! Ciao for niao.

Ekko likes this.
  8. TeleTucson

TeleTucson Tele-Afflicted

Maybe the upgraded server migration was actually to a Commodore 64 from eBay rigged up with a rack full of on-demand, manually-inserted 5 1/4" floppies? :eek: :)

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
  9. unixfish

unixfish Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

@brogh said way back on page 1 or 2 that the support team is aware of the slowdown issues. However, they may not be easy to find or fix; it could be a server, a database issue, replication, redirect, DNS, etc. Even if someone finds it, testing the fix and putting it in place may take a bit of time.

Patience. They will get this running properly again. Debugging and fixing these types of issues are usually not easy or straightforward, and testing a fix often takes a bit of time.

John Nicholas, GTG_Gopher and Matt G like this.
  10. unixfish

unixfish Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

This system is still much faster than some of the mandatory systems I have to use at work...

teleaddicted likes this.
  11. jman72

jman72 Tele-Afflicted

I've been having problems all night getting on, both on Android phone and Windows PC. Times out, no connection, all of that, and really slow once on.

12. Papa Joe

Papa Joe Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I don't get any pop ups or anything that I don't like, but the site does not always load very fast and sometimes not at all..
    I have no problems on any other site that I visit..
    There is defiinitely a problem.

Ekko likes this.
  13. ce24

ce24 Poster Extraordinaire

I don't see the app in play store!

14. Jim622

Jim622 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

What other sites do you use?

15. SSL9000J

SSL9000J Tele-Meister

And I thought it was just me. Couldn't get the search working earlier.
    So... what other forums does everybody use?

16. Cantbreak100guy

Cantbreak100guy Tele-Holic

Something is off lately. Slow motion site now. I can only imagine how irritating it is for you folks that have been here for a long time. I hope it isn't the end. I've just begun and I really enjoy learning from everyone. Maybe it's only the beginning of the beginning of the end.
    Well, the emojis just crapped out. I guess it's the beginning of the middle of the end.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
  17. Ira7

Ira7 Doctor of Teleocity

OH, its effin' ridiculous.

Not only does 3 times out of 4 not connect to the home page, but it takes effin' forever for anything to load once you get to the home page.

Do the mods have ANY idea on what is going on here!?

Ekko likes this.
  18. Northwards

Northwards Tele-Meister

I’m new here.
    And thought I didn’t know what to expect really, the app is so sluggish with pages loading so slowly or not at all, that I’m now pretty puzzled about the whole forum. When my own posts didn’t appear under "participated” I wondered if I’d said something wrong that blocked me out or something. (I can’t see what that might have been). I any case, something’s feel off here.

Hope things get better soon without needing to pick «How many traffic lights do you see» every other minute. :D

19. spellcaster

spellcaster Tele-Holic

I don't like to complain - TDPRI's one of my favorite forums and up until a couple of days ago, it's been rock-steady reliable for me. I initially assumed it was guys using phones that were having problems, but now my home tower is finding the site very slow to load pages. I think I'll take this forum off my daily forum tour for a while.

Hopefully this can get sorted out. If that's a problem, I'd respectfully suggest to the new owners that they revert to the previous program which seemed much more satisfying to many of us.

20. bftfender

bftfender Poster Extraordinaire

its making me purchase a 50 watt el34 Marshall JCM 900

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.