1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Is TDPRI history? (merged)

Discussion in 'Forum Problems & Issues' started by DHart, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Blue Bill

Blue Bill Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Mine is loading very slowly too. Just over the last few days.

2. Durtdog

Durtdog Poster Extraordinaire

And others seem to achieve joy by deriding people who voice a legitimate complaint or concern by excusing and even defending mediocrity.

3. chezdeluxe

chezdeluxe Poster Extraordinaire

Just used SEARCH function for WHINING successfully....no problem here either...;)

blowtorch likes this.
  4. bgmacaw

bgmacaw Friend of Leo's

I rarely get them here on my phone. I do get them very often on the sites I mentioned as well as many other sites. I don't get them on my desktop or laptop because I can block all ads and malware there, something Google and Apple don't let you do easily on phones.

5. RoyalBaby

RoyalBaby Tele-Afflicted

[​IMG]
    I don’t know if it’s daily but it’s pretty frequent. If I log on over breakfast ( by 8 am GMT) the first two pages of Recent Posts are more or less full of them.
    They sink and it’s not a huge problem but combined with the pop ups and sometimes slow loading it’s not impressive by modern standards.
    At a guess it’s more likely to put off new people as it looks like a very sickly forum at times.

Ekko and Piotr like this.
  6. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

Were talking about TDPRI.:)

7. Fearnot

Fearnot Poster Extraordinaire

There was a one-time(?) slowdown a couple days ago, and every night (about 10pm EST) the asian spam overwhelms the new topics for an hour or so.

Beyond that, I'm getting my money's worth.

8. sonicsmitty

sonicsmitty Tele-Holic

Works fine for me. Maybe some folks' computers need a diagnostic checkup?

9. PCollen

PCollen Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

So am I...look at my posts just the afternoon on the HOME tab roster. I be a postin' fool this afternoon.

10. dented

dented Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

11:35am PST Here is what I know.......:rolleyes:

1. TDPRI is still the number one goto page for my music interests and info.
    2. Yes it was running slow this morning so I gave it a break and it is performing just fine right now.
    3. I have never been bothered by any ads appearing and I really do not know what you are talking about in that respect. Maybe you are using phones for access but I use my phone also and I do not have a problem. Unless you are talking about the ads running on the right column sometimes.
    4. Mods do not read every post instantly and I imagine it takes them all a bit of time to peruse each thread. So if someone wants to get chippy and attempt to break the rules eventually they will be found out.
    5. My "Search" function works fine.
    6. My posts have not been deleted.
    7. Asian spam does not bother me as the simple "ignore" fix works and so be it.
    8. I've noticed that Peavey Classic 50 4x10s have dropped to about 300.00 apiece around here. Less than the Classic 30s.
    9. I do not get butt hurt if someone calls me out and says I am wrong or corrects me for wrong info. I have been wrong often.
    10. Guitar players use all fingers but I am offended if someone uses just one.

Tis the season to be jolly, fa la la la la...la la la later. :)

11. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

I dont know what all the hubbub is a bout , the mods, techs are doing their best to improve the site, they keep it up 24 hrs aday and try to work on it in the slow hours , what they did is a huge undertaking and although inconvienient right now will be fixed , Brough has done his best to keep us updated as he has been asked ,
    Hey if its annoying give it a couple of days and it will be better , personally I really like this site , the exchange of thoughts and applications from people I have gotten to know and respect on this site is mind boggling, the knowledge base on this site is priceless on its own and the fact that these people are willing to share it , is out standing

this is just a road bump!, and criing are we there yet? doesnt make it go faster

12. PCollen

Like I said...never have seen anything like this.

13. PCollen

Are we the anointed ones ?:lol:

chezdeluxe likes this.
  14. ndcaster

ndcaster Poster Extraordinaire

unusable on iPhone 8

Ekko and rich815 like this.
  15. GTG_Gopher

GTG_Gopher Tele-Meister

I get a lot of the congratulations type redirects when I use the site on my iPhone with safari. But I also get those on national and high end regional sites too, including the big newspaper in the Minneapolis area.

Google needs to hose those out before they kill the goose laying the golden egg...

For the computer geeks, how do you know which add it was that started the redirect?

16. PeterUK

PeterUK Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

It’s inappropriate to suggest members leave if they don’t like the repeated Asian spam, the woeful performance and the inappropriate Moderator response.

Many members contribute to the forum and they have a right to expect reasonable to good performance levels, response times.

I’ve paid a modest amount and get my monies worth but no-one has the right to tell other members to leave.

You’re a long standing and respected member. I’m surprised by your comments.

Ekko, 3fngrs, blues bondsman and 4 others like this.
  17. schmee

schmee Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

maybe it's just gone over to phone app user convenience and us computer users just have to live with it or move on... As soon as I posted this thread it got better than it's been for 3 days. I too got info from one search! , albeit another got me the No Info response.
    The Asian thing in one problem, but even when that's not happening it's mostly locked up... maybe they are related though. But something changed a while back... all this started. Only this site, not on any others I'm on.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
    Ekko, blues bondsman and Chunkocaster like this.
  18. PeterUK

PeterUK Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

I don’t get the Amazon pop-ups despite being a Prime member but the Asian spam posts have been a regular annoyance for some time now.

I’ve contributed via the Annual Giveaway and get excellent value for my modest $20 but I remain unimpressed with the continued problems.

Sure, I have the choice to stay or go. And I choose to stay. I’ve been a member since 1999 and have benefited enormously from the advice and friendships.

19. jhundt

jhundt Doctor of Teleocity

I wrote a nice response while waiting several minutes for page 3 of this thread to open. When I finished my message, page three opened and wiped out everything I had written. So should I be happy that page three finally opened, or annoyed that all my work was destroyed?

Ekko and Doctorx33 like this.
  20. jhundt

jhundt Doctor of Teleocity

I wrote a nice response while waiting several minutes for page 3 of this thread to open. When I finished my message, page three opened and wiped out everything I had written. So should I be happy that page three finally opened, or annoyed that all my work was destroyed?

edit to add: I waited about twenty minutes for the above post to post.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
    Ekko likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.