1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Is "Signature Required" a valid excuse for work absence?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Sollipsist, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Sollipsist

Sollipsist Tele-Afflicted

I should also mention that the forecast is for 107° and my side door is in direct sunlight for most of the afternoon. I'd almost rather it get stolen than sit out there for a few hours...

awasson likes this.
  2. awasson

awasson Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

We’re just a little cooler here but not by much and we’ve got humidity on top of the temperature that makes it tough to take. The weather network said it was 90 today but with the humidity it should feel like 100. It felt like 100 for sure. We’ve had a heat wave for two weeks but it’s supposed to drop to cooler temps by the end of the week. I can’t wait.

Sollipsist likes this.
  3. kubiakl

kubiakl Tele-Meister

I'd say go for it, call it a mental health day (hey, you're saving your sanity by not sitting at work and compulsively checking the tracking update every two minutes).

But there is an option for UPS to sign for it online so they'll leave it. The account is free. You can also specify where they leave it - I don't remember all the options, but mine are always left on the front door as requested.

awasson, scrimmer and Sollipsist like this.
  4. kafka

kafka Tele-Afflicted

You should be able to get UPS to hold it for pickup at their facility. Same with FedEx. That's what I always do. Sometimes the sender has to make the request, so you should probably call them directly. USPS tries once and then they hold for pickup if you're not there. That's a much better arrangement, because you can just assume it's at the facility the next day.

No, I couldn't do mental health day for a new guitar. That would surely drive me over the edge - especially given how often the FedEx guys leave the note without ringing the bell.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
    Sollipsist likes this.
  5. Sollipsist

Sollipsist Tele-Afflicted

So I'd pretty much decided not to go into work... and then my AC went out last night, my attempts to fix it were unsuccessful, and I have to be here anyway for the dreaded repair visit window.

Chalk it up to karma, and by that I mean life is sure good at making total random coincidence seem like ironic just desserts. Also known as O. Henry's Law :D

awasson and John Owen like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.