1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Is replacing the neck worth it?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by porkplan, Apr 3, 2015.

1. unixfish

unixfish Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Maybe you need a new friend? :D

I really, really wanted a Tele with a maple neck, since I have a Strat with a rosewood (pao ferro, ok, ok...)

Now that I have the maple, I don't remember why I wanted maple so badly. I am very happy with it, mind you, and glad I got maple, but it was such a point with my while was looking. If my Tele had the same neck and rosewood, I would still love it.

Sometimes - at least to me - this is just stuff I get stuck on. If you really want the rosewood, order a neck. I would play the maple for awhile and see if you bond with it, though.

Other posts about resale / keeping the maple / etc. are still valid if resale will be an issue.

2. TeleCustom2

TeleCustom2 TDPRI Member

The effect on the tone may be minimal but if you like it more, if it inspires you to practice and play more, if in your heart the tone is better, then go for it. It's worth it.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.