Is modding a teles body sacriledge?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Swampash&Tweed, Oct 4, 2014.

1. hudpucker

hudpucker Tele-Meister

Looks fine to me.

2. LKB3rd

LKB3rd Friend of Leo's

I think they pulled it off.

3. Tele wacker

Tele wacker Tele-Holic

I don't like chopping up any Tele. The one if this thread is just not right. I'm not nearly as much into "pretty guitars" as I was when I was younger. I'm into the way they play and sound. I like a guitar that looks like it has been used and used a lot. I'm not even sure how many Teles I have now but none of mine are hacked up.

4. SixShooter

SixShooter Friend of Leo's

Why is it cool in the world of Harley's to chop, bob, remove, replace but in the guitar world it's sacrilege? The guitar itself supports a creative art but when the guitar's owner tries to do something physically creative with the instrument, it's a crime. It's one thing to say that you don't care for the design, but quite another to say he's made a mess of it.

5. Matthias

Matthias Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

They can do what they want, I suppose. I think out of all the mods you can do, lopping bits off is the one I like the least.

Aesthetically, this looks OK and quite individual, but with that and a third party neck it's pretty worthless and it loses some of it's Tele charm. Probably only an issue because they want to sell it, but still...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.