Is it just me or is red not a well loved tele color.

harpdog

Tele-Afflicted
Nobody told me
IMG_1303.PNG IMG_1470.jpeg IMG_1304.PNG
(sort of red)

jgwcaster

Tele-Meister
Curious number have said “red” is more rock n roll. I guess I can see that. Would you say this of every red tele or just certain combos? For some reason red with a black pick guard seems more rock n roll than red with a white pick guard. Though in reality we all know the tele is For everything.

vanr

Tele-Afflicted
I managed to obtain a Sonic Red Player Tele HH before they all went away. See avatar.

Ebidis

Friend of Leo's
I've heard that you're more likely to get pulled over by the cops but, I like red!
This is completely off topic, but I have a family member who is a cop, and he told me that this is a total myth.

He said they don't sit there thinking "I'm gonna pull over the next red car that I see!"

He says, "If you're speeding, I'm pulling you over. If your not speeding I'm not pulling you over. It doesn't matter what color your car is."

donrichfan

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
Dakota and fiesta are my favorite reds. I like Seminole too.
Here’s my AV ‘64 in fiesta. I bought it used many years back solely because of the color-as I often do, but turns out it plays great and was my #1 for a couple years. Now it’s my #1 around the house player. Now that I’m seeing red, I may just gig with it tomorrow night.
upload_2021-9-17_14-50-12.jpeg

While I’m at it, here’s a shot to show the tomato soup / direct sunlight angle. Unique color for sure.
upload_2021-9-17_14-51-29.jpeg

jgwcaster

Tele-Meister
Dakota and fiesta are my favorite reds. I like Seminole too.
Here’s my AV ‘64 in fiesta. I bought it used many years back solely because of the color-as I often do, but turns out it plays great and was my #1 for a couple years. Now it’s my #1 around the house player. Now that I’m seeing red, I may just gig with it tomorrow night.
View attachment 899976

While I’m at it, here’s a shot to show the tomato soup / direct sunlight angle. Unique color for sure.
View attachment 899977
All these fiesta red teles have me seriously thinking I need to see that color in person again.

ocomoc

TDPRI Member
I agree, a red tele/strat, rosewood neck and maple headstock doesn't fit well. Just my opinion, not everyone's, I'm sure.