Is it DNA? Why can some people not be punctual?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Colo Springs E, Jul 26, 2013.

1. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

Just to use this poster's experience as an example:

"Take my wife, she is usually late. The is no forethought given or bad intentions in her lateness. That is because she gives no forethought to anything. She lives in the moment. "

From my perspective, she is simply being inconsiderate, and "living in the moment" is no excuse for that.

Not to pick on the poster's wife, just using it as an example

2. Bartholomew3

Bartholomew3 Friend of Leo's

It's a lack of respect for the time of others.

Have passed on several good players who show late to rehearsals.

They'll also do it on a gig - and I'm the guy signing the contracts - so no way.

3. sir humphrey

sir humphrey Friend of Leo's

Lack of respect and arrogance mainly - I'm pretty laid back about most things, but lack of punctuality is just plain narcissistic.

I have a friend who is always late, so whenever any of us arrange to go out with her we tell her to meet us an hour before we will be there. A few times she's had to hang around for half an hour waiting for us. Which is what she gets for expecting us to do the same for her.

4. Larry F

Larry F Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

I used to be punctual to the nth degree. People would comment on how they could set their watches by me. When I had to travel somewhere in town, I think I would speed up and slow down to get myself there on the dot. When I started teaching at universities, I would give myself plenty of time to get there.

Now, however, I live with permanent nerve pain in my feet and legs. I hate all of the activity involved in going somewhere. Everything about getting ready, getting into the car, getting out of the car, walking to the location, it all hurts like hell. I know that it won't hurt any more or less by arriving early or late, and you would think I would be able to adjust for it. When I'm late, it is by a few minutes, rarely more than 5 and never more than 10. For classes and lectures, I am never late for those. But individual lessons are my weak point. I don't feel arrogant or unconcerned with others. Rather, I feel very crummy and weak.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.