is Eastwood still in business?

Mojohand40

Tele-Afflicted
Just wondering...seems like order dates keep slipping by months over and over. Heck, coming up on a year on some things.
Anybody else waiting for something from them?...
Wondering....

John Backlund

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
I'm guessing that things may be a bit slow for them these days, but I'm pretty certain they're still in business.

bill in kc

TDPRI Member
I have a Mandocaster on order, since April or May. Initially, delivery date was expected in August. I inquired a couple of weeks ago, and was told that the shipment is at Los Angeles, awaiting port availability, offloading, customs, etc. Apparently one of the major holdups is train and truck transport out of the port. Getting goods from port to consumer is a problem with the pandemic and fewer drivers.

artdecade

Poster Extraordinaire
Eastwood are in competition with the heaviest hitters in the industry for supplies and shipping. They might be getting a bit crushed by Gibson and Fender in getting what they need and getting it shipped as well. Give it some time and things will right themselves.

MilwMark

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Eastwood are in competition with the heaviest hitters in the industry for supplies and shipping. They might be getting a bit crushed by Gibson and Fender in getting what they need and getting it shipped as well. Give it some time and things will right themselves.

Are people just unaware of what is going on in the supply chain right now?

All the big names are way behind. I heard one of the big electric guitar companies has an 86,000 guitar unit backlog. One of the big acoustic guitar companies is unlikely to deliver any but a trickle of orders placed this year before 2022.

Try to get work done on a deck and see how you do getting lumber. Now scale that to manufacturing level material needs.

Mojohand40

Tele-Afflicted
Are people just unaware of what is going on in the supply chain right now?

All the big names are way behind. I heard one of the big electric guitar companies has an 86,000 guitar unit backlog. One of the big acoustic guitar companies is unlikely to deliver any but a trickle of orders placed this year before 2022.

Try to get work done on a deck and see how you do getting lumber. Now scale that to manufacturing level material needs.

fair point...trying to be patient, and that's a good reminder.

John Backlund

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Wouldn’t be slow for them if they had Backlund models

Thanks for the nice comment...but there's a reason Eastwood doesn't currently offer them, they simply weren't worth the bother to make them anymore.

Some models did pretty well, others were a lost cause as far as being a profitable item to manufacture and market at the price point they needed to be in order to make a worthwhile buck at it.

My general philosophy concerning it all is...It was fun while it lasted.

adjason

Poster Extraordinaire
hey mojohand- no real help here but you and I live close by- I sent you a private message (I think but hopefully I did it right) to see if you ever wanna get together and play some music.

ZenGuitarist

Tele-Afflicted
Wouldn’t be slow for them if they had Backlund models
I've been very happy with the three Backlund models I bought from them. It's a shame they're no longer making them.

I assume they're struggling with the same manufacturing and transportation issues that many companies are dealing with. I've had good service from them in the past and wouldn't have a problem putting down a deposit on a model that may not ship for a few months.

Fearnot

Poster Extraordinaire
Everyone's got supply-chain problems these days. I've been trying lay hands on some Elixir 10-52s for about a month now... to no avail.