Is Dad pushing his little kid too hard???

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by ASATKat, May 17, 2019.

1. PeterUK

PeterUK Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Berlin is one of my favourite cities in the world.

:) Peter

ricknbaker likes this.
  2. ASATKat

ASATKat Tele-Afflicted

Was she doing that when she was 6?

3. String Tree

String Tree Doctor of Teleocity

Not my Monkeys, Not my Circus.

I can only pray the father truly has his Daughters best interests at Heart.

rich815 likes this.
  4. ricknbaker

ricknbaker Tele-Holic

We're well off topic now, but I've just been reading Rory Maclean's book which is a wonderful history of Berlin

https://tinyurl.com/y6q9m2qe

berlin-poor-but-sexy.jpg

5. ASATKat

ASATKat Tele-Afflicted

Is he getting the attention he most definately craves vicariously through his little daughter? In the Darci Lynne video with little Claire he just sounds very controlling.

I don't like being hard on dad because I see he does love his daughter very much.

On the other hand I see other young kids in the biz and they seem to be handling it well. I think,,,

The first time I got interested in this subject with Jackie Evancho at 9 who REALLY was pushed big time in the biz. So much so that she is the youngest person to go platinum, and she's done that 3x. It really disturbed me to hear her name come up in political circles where she got tons of hate mail,, as well as her sister using Jackie's platform. Fortunately that has fallen off the radar.
    Just saying all that to deal with at 15?

Grace Vanderwaal is another young one at 12. If Grace was a regular kid I would imagine she would be struggling with all the inadequacies most of us deal with. It's interesting to see that this depressive element in her makeup still comes out in her songs, where she has written how she sometime wishes it would all go away and she could just be herself, but I see her as already "owned" in some ways. I do believe the parents keep strict watch over the wolves.

And Angelina Jordan, arguable the best singer in this group, heck, she's one if the best singers I've ever heard period, imo and many other folks opinion, she blows Adele, and Whitney Houston out of the water. Hers is a voice for the ages, and at 10 yrs old, I see the wolves lining up in droves to get their talons into her future. BUT, from what I understand the parents are greatly restricting the wolves and Angelina is living the life of a 10yr old, as much as possible, still people probably treat her like she's in a fishbowl. I'm totally with the parents on this one.

I just want Claire's dad to know, he's clever enough to get to the right people at Disney, but can he handle the biz that could handcuff his kid for years.

Listen and let Angelina blow your mind,

Angelina and Adele side by side,

Angelina and Whitney side by side

6. Boubou

Boubou Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

I think he was famous before AGT existed
    https://davidcrosby.com/

7. ASATKat

ASATKat Tele-Afflicted

And he's done a great job on reversing the aging process. He used his age reversing on Claire too, she used to be 39.

MuddyDitch likes this.
  8. ASATKat

ASATKat Tele-Afflicted

At age 15 my son blew me away when he posted himself playing Scott Joplin's Maple Leaf Rag to YouTube.

Two months earlier my son got the itch to learn MLR. So he did. He had never read music before so he went bar by bar till he had the whole thing. From not knowing anything up to this recording took him two months. And he was fine playing it in his school performance that went on a couple weeks later. He played it with a drummer and bass sort of off the cuff in the show, lol, the band needed some work but Justyn, my son was a rock with the form.

Did I try to "score" on his good fortune for some sort of personal gain. Well, I had my eye on that blonde over there. No, No way, I'd advise him but I would ask him if I could give my opinion, unless something got out of hand and then I just speak my peace, and that did happen. But we're good buds and talk freely. I never spanked him, and only one time out when he was 5.

Here he is at 15, after two months of playing,

And here he is at 28 playing bass with his girlfriend singing In the band, he was the leader, wrote the songs, got the gigs,,,

And I stayed out of it, I got my own music thing.

Last edited: May 19, 2019
    stevemc likes this.
  9. Milspec

Milspec Friend of Leo's

Okay, we are a bit off-topic, but I don't think any singer matches Adele's voice these days or ever. I grew up on Sinatra and still find him to be the perfect male voice for the same reason Adele is the perfect female voice.....they both have an almost 3 dimensional depth to their phrasing unlike any other singers. This Angelina has a nice voice and certainly patterns is after Adele, but it isn't at the same quality nor refinement. Ever hear Adele take a breath? Nope, she knows how to prevent the mic from hearing her draw a breath, but Angelina doesn't have that skill...at least not yet. Despite the success of Adele, I still don't think people realize just how special that voice really is.

10. ASATKat

ASATKat Tele-Afflicted

I prefer Angelina's voice over Adele's and Whitney's. That's not a bad thing because I dig Adele as an artist and songwriter. And as singers go Whitney had it all. But I see Angelina growing into the same calibre of singer and artist. But for now she's a kid sitting on a goldmine.

Were you saying you did not like the breathy quality in Angelina's singing. Is that what you were referring to?

11. SacDAve

SacDAve Poster Extraordinaire

That was just incredable

12. Preacher

Preacher Friend of Leo's

Its been around a long time, over reaching parents doing what they felt was the best for their kids to set them up in life.

upload_2019-5-20_9-46-1.jpeg

upload_2019-5-20_9-46-24.jpeg

upload_2019-5-20_9-47-43.jpeg

upload_2019-5-20_9-48-15.jpeg
    ;-)

Recently though it has delved more into the made for TV drama queen genre

upload_2019-5-20_9-49-36.jpeg

Of course they are worth like a bazzilion dollars, so I guess if you can get it, then get it.

13. Texsunburst59

Texsunburst59 Tele-Afflicted

Thanks so much SacDAve.

Here's a couple of more rocker covers hes' done.

SacDAve likes this.
  14. Guitarzan

Guitarzan Poster Extraordinaire

I criticize goldbricker parents without reluctance. Far too many of them see their kids as an early retirement plan.

ANY, and I mean any parent that is putting the child first will fight tooth and nail to keep them out of the entertainment industry until they are grown and out of college (or as close to that age as possible). Even if the child whines and pushes on its own initiative the parent should push back.

rich815 and Milspec like this.
  15. cnlbb

cnlbb Tele-Afflicted

Yeah likely the father is pushing the kid too hard, but I'm not sure we can really judge how good of a singer his daughter is going to be either. So let's try to keep everything said about her positive. :)

16. rich815

rich815 Friend of Leo's

Most stage parents think they do. That’s the problem.

17. rich815

rich815 Friend of Leo's

Or not and save her now. ;)

18. Cheap Trills

Cheap Trills Tele-Meister

One of the things I've realized since becoming a father is that everyone in the world thinks they know what's best for your child. I've also realized it's not their right to tell you what's right or wrong for your kid, because they aren't the ones accountable for them. Just my 2c.

19. rigatele

rigatele Tele-Afflicted

Joe Pass did say that his father pushed him relentlessly to play, which he hated at the time but never regretted after making it a career. But in that case, I think the parent was thinking about his adult life, not what he could do as a kid. Also there was no YouTube channel advertising fortune in it for Dad at that time.

20. trev333

trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

I ran a primary school rock band for 6 years and saw a lot of young girl singers coming through as the older kids went to highschool..
    all of them could sing "like little angels"... we played songs they chose, pop/movie songs, etc.. so they all knew the words and were on key ... it seemed to be a natural thing for them all to sing well...

only one girl had trouble keeping on key (flat), but she wrote some songs/lyrics we used so we worked around it.... her mum was a music/violin teacher/gigging muso, the kid had been around bands all her life and knew the routine of learning songs and was fun to have around...

mostly the parents were amazed their kids could sing/front the band and none were pushy about their kids performing careers...

I forget the number of times at practice when they nailed a new song that I thought to myself.. can kids do this?....:lol:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.