Is CreamTone Worth The Wait?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Bones, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Bones

Bones Telefied Ad Free Member

That's right and I'm starting to feel like they use these shipping ting times to justify their claims that they are doing some actual custom work."hey I'm just a guy working with some other guys in a shop without a phone, so you know we are serious about the parts we make."

2. Robus

Robus TDPRI Member

Hey, could be worse:

https://www.talkbass.com/threads/wa...-zeller-guitars.256053/page-164#post-22762959

3. guitrr

guitrr Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Try three months, which is how long I’ve been waiting for a tele control plate from Creamtone. Prompt response and “Hey, your order is ready to ship” (paraphrased) to my first inquiring email; no response at all to my two follow up emails.

Bones is right, their business model sucks. How do companies like that stay in business?

4. DugT

DugT Tele-Holic

Here is an alternative theory. Some small shops are run by people who can't keep a decent job so running their own business is their only option. They could be struggling with depression, adiction, starvation, low IQ or another disability. To assume everyone is capable of running a business and living up to their claims about anything may be our projecting our personalities onto them. We assume everyone is relatively honest and competent like us but everyone has strengths and weaknesses and some people have overwhelming weaknesses. So, the moral to my story is, "Beware of your inclination to trust someone unless they have a high percentage of good references." Lots of pickup makers talked about in this forum have excellent references.

nojazzhere, Bones and BB like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.