Is chorus really used much these days, for "current" music?

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by bluesholyman, Feb 26, 2019.

1. czech-one-2

czech-one-2 Friend of Leo's

Yeah, thank Cher and 'Do you beleive' for that. Then Rappers and R&B singers started [over] using it.
    Its like fingernails on a chalk board to me.....
    No chorus on my board and I dont touch the chorus on my JC120 either. But a good phaser is still mandatory for me.

2. sclitheroe

sclitheroe Tele-Meister Ad Free + Supporter

Awesome!

3. telel6s

telel6s Tele-Afflicted

I just broke the piggy bank and dropped $18.48 on a Danelectro Fab Chorus. Chorus is cool, baby! :cool:

[​IMG]

4. TheMindful

TheMindful Tele-Meister

I think I had a bad sense of chorus in the past partly due to not knowing how/when to use them (as they can easily be overboard) and finding the right chorus pedal.

First one I bought that I fell in love with was the Pigtronix Quantum Time Modulator, which is a dynamic sensitive chorus, and you can blend between an envelope/dynamic side and a constant LFO. And the pedal has a vibrato option as well.

More recently I found an 80's Ibanez CS9 made in Japan at an estate sale. Paid $30... The buffer in it is so clean and nice sounding, does wonders for my board.

5. schmee

schmee Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

I like it a lot. But mostly just subtle. More like using light reverb but chorus. It makes things sound good. Surprisingly, I use it a lot in acoustic duo, which must be popular because most all acoustic amps come with Chorus built in.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.