1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Is Anyone Else Having Trouble Drag-And-Dropping Pictures In Posts?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by unixfish, May 27, 2020.

1. unixfish

unixfish Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Maybe it's my mouse.

When I drag and drop a picture from my PC into the text box, occasionally the browser will just display the picture. My only option is to use the back icon, which erases the text I typed before I dragged the picture. Sometimes it takes me three or four tries to get a picture into a post.

I've learned to copy my text before dragging pictures - too many times I've lost a long post and have to start over.

Is it just me? Google Chrome? A mouse going bad? I think I have this problem on both my home laptop (Dell running Linux) and my work laptop (Lenovo running Windows 10), but I am using Chrome and a Logitech M325 on both.

It seems this picture issue started a few months ago? It could just me be. I have noticed if I hover over the box too long, it starts to flash, and dropping then wipes out my text. If I drag and drop too quickly I lose my text.

Last edited: May 27, 2020
  2. unixfish

For that matter, I've had the same problem with a Toshiba Chromebook as well. All of them are Chrome, hmmmm...

3. bluzkat

bluzkat Tele-Holic

Try Copy and Paste. Also check the size of the photo. If its too large it may cause problems.

4. Si G X

Si G X Tele-Afflicted

Nope, fine here ... there's a slight delay sometimes while a big one uploads but all working fine.

flames.jpg

electrichead likes this.
  5. TeleTown

TeleTown Friend of Leo's

Heck, Im still trying to figure out how to up load a vid?

6. Si G X

Si G X Tele-Afflicted

I'm not using chrome though, so that could be the issue.

7. bullfrogblues

bullfrogblues Friend of Leo's

Can you not use the "Upload a File" button? Screen Shot 2020-05-28 at 8.31.47 AM.png

8. trxx

trxx Tele-Afflicted

It seems to work fine here (Firefox on Linux). Maybe it's a Chrome issue?

9. unixfish

OMG. I had totally lost sight of that - I was so far down the rabbit hole trying to make drag and drop work. Now I feel silly.

nopedal.jpg
    Ugh. Uploaded via button.

Still - drag and drop is hit-miss for me. I should try FireFox on my Linux machine.

bullfrogblues likes this.
  10. Telecaster88

Telecaster88 Tele-Holic

I didn't even know you could drag and drop a photo! I always use the Upload A File button when on my laptop. (I've never been able to get that function to work on my phone though.)

11. unixfish

I just opened FireFox on my Linux laptop - the same machine that was giving me fits yesterday. I can drag and drop with ease using FF - for that matter, I could not get it to fail.

I will have to check settings in Chrome. I wonder if there is some timer or setting saying "Open .jpg in browser window by default" or something along those lines.

12. trxx

trxx Tele-Afflicted

It's because Firefox is the superior browser. :p

Been using Firefox since way back when I would have to customize it to bits to get back some screen real estate. There was a time when Firefox took forever to load, and I looked at other browsers. But I ended up back at Firefox. I stay with it these days mostly because I like a few available addons, and I had to jump through too many hoops for some things when trying to use Ice Weasel. I have tried using Chrome here and there and had crashing issues (over many tries, over a long stretch of time). Maybe it was due to how I configured some things. But if I can't configure things how I want them without crashing, it isn't useful to me. I have to use Chrome at work, and I still do get some crashing here and there. I also like the restore session feature of Firefox, but maybe the other browsers have that too these days.

Last edited: May 28, 2020
  13. schmee

schmee Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Whaaaat? I've never been able to do it. I thought that's why we have to use Imgur?

14. Matthias

Matthias Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

I never knew you could do that! :eek:

15. trxx

trxx Tele-Afflicted

You might be surprised then to know that you can drag and drop many file types to many applications. I usually find it more convenient to use the old school way of using shortcut keys. For example, opening files in most applications is ctrl+O.

Last edited: May 28, 2020
    Matthias likes this.
  16. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

I use a wireless trackball and when the battery dies I have that issue, I replace the battery and all is good again

17. Ragin Cajun

Ragin Cajun Tele-Holic

Just "upload a file" 100_7848.JPG

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.