Is Antonio Brown worth the aggravation?

String Tree

Doctor of Teleocity
I'm a Steelers guy and was pumped when he showed up but he's a problem. As far as I know he's been fired from every team he's played for, I think it's 3.

Well today, during the 3rd quarter he took off his jersey, tossed it into the crowd, and walked half naked into the tunnel. Man, we all have problems but this guy seems to enjoy publicly airing his. Goof ball.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32979872/tampa-bay-buccaneers-wr-antonio-brown-rips-equipment-runs-field-midgame?platform=amp

Lose him.
I think he has some serious mental and emotional issues.

lammie200

Friend of Leo's
The basis of the whole game is barely controlled assault of every type. Between the ethos it takes to play it well and the damage it does to the human brain, it’s amazing to me there isn’t MORE assault of all types from pro players.

I’m completely addicted to watching the game - been doing it since I was about four and have tried unsuccessfully to quit watching it many times. But I basically hate the game and think it should be banned. I was an aggressive but undersized defensive back in high school and scrambled my brains with concussions my junior year. I knew there was something real wrong with me by the end of the season and it took several months to get back to being some semblance of myself. By the late Spring of that year, started feeling like myself again and didn’t play my senior year, despite a lot of pressure to play again. I was done. And the violence in a high school game was a tiny percentage of what it is in college, let alone the pros. Those guys are bigger, faster, tougher than the rest of us, but their brains are just as vulnerable.

Antonio Brown was a supremely talented player who's problems on a football field are the smallest of his problems. I hope he gets help, but worry that this wont end well. Not the football part, the life part…

-Ray

Well said, Ray. I have pretty much the same story and views on football. I quit playing organized (with pads) football in junior high though. Stuck with baseball. Much easier on my body. BTW, I have a nephew who played HS football last season. Carted off the field by ambulance and now has some hardware in a leg. Can't wait to get back out there next year from what I hear.

bsman

Friend of Leo's
Maybe the Bucks will use their heads before signing someone on Princess Brady's say-so...

schmee

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
He's a bit unhinged I think. It seems to be somewhat common in WR's.

DK Metcalf on my Seahawks is a bit dicey. Whiner. Drops the ball at least once a game. Paid too much. But got all the "stats". Needs attention.

Odell Beckham went through it a bit also. Great receiver but been through 3 teams so far.... I think MAYBE he's settling down...

Lockback

Tele-Meister
Nope. I wouldn’t have anywhere near my roster.
If someone is physically talented, which he obviously is, teams will lay prostrate and allow themselves to be trampled on. AB is a sick man. He’s not a good person. He needs help.
Stop enabling him.

sjtalon

Doctor of Teleocity
So with the violence of the sport, one can pull out the CTE or mental issue card as a factor.

However, these guys have a nutjob/jackwagon history that goes back before you can blame getting knocked in the head.

getbent

Telefied
Gold Supporter
So with the violence of the sport, one can pull out the CTE or mental issue card as a factor.

However, these guys have a nutjob/jackwagon history that goes back before you can blame getting knocked in the head.

you don't think that they started getting hit once they were in the NFL do you?

I had 6 concussions before I graduated high school. In 5 cases, I returned to the game either immediately after losing consciousness or shortly thereafter (a couple of plays.)

We had a guy I played with whose nickname was 'ding' because he had his bell rung so often....

Another guy had to stop playing IN high school, the doc said he'd likely have permanent brain damage with another shot.... he had classic (now I see it) CTE symptoms.

Most guys by the time they are in the NFL have already had several head shots way before college even starts.

getbent

Telefied
Gold Supporter
Maybe you should be gotbent :p:lol:

I signed up to see if I did. My son asked me if I knew was smelling salts were and I said, 'oh yeah' and he said, 'did they use them when you played football?' and I said, 'yeah, but the first time I ever smelled them was when my old man knocked me out when I was about 7.

Guys like Terrell Owens grew up in pretty rough circumstances... his mom used to chain him like a dog to the front hose bib of the house when she was going out to the club. Imagine that.

telleutelleme

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Whatever the cause, no one seems to be helping him. Most of his teammates, the league and some of the foundations should. If you believe they have to reach bottom before they can be helped, he seems close. Sad it is likely to be a meme first.