Is Antonio Brown worth the aggravation?

StratDal

Tele-Afflicted
Some of the best advice I ever received was from the late Mr. Brashears who shared with me and his late son, "The road to hell is paved with good intentions. Tread wisely."

Miss ya Doug! Here's to your Cowboys!

EugeneWeemich

Tele-Meister
Silver Supporter
I shared a townhouse wall with a badboy NFL player for a couple of years. Dude was always stirring up some kind of controversy.

These guys attain instant near-hero status when they take the field. Instant wealth and adoration.

Sucked to be his neighbor and completely turned me off of football.

Doomguy

Tele-Holic
I was a Steelers fan when I still cared about football and loved to watch prime AB back in the day. Dude's an idiot and doesn't deserve another chance IMO, but it seems like he has had problems long before he was even in the NFL. Hope he gets the help that he clearly needs.

Here's an ESPN article that discusses his background a bit, came out after his stint with the Patriots: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...brown-ever-return-pros-complicated-nfl-legacy

Informal

Tele-Afflicted
The dude basically admitted to sexual assault on twitter, how he ever saw the field again, is beyond me.

Brady sure sticks his neck out for the POS.

Last edited:

VWAmTele

Friend of Leo's
The NFL is trying everything they can to draw attention away from the CTE issue, but it's not going away. It seems many ex-players die with some sort of alzheimers and many, like Brown, have early onset mental health problems. I'm a Bucs fan and Brown was very important to this team which has had numerous injuries but at this point the situation is beyond simple wins and losses.

Killing Floor

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
I can just about guarantee he will be playing somewhere next season.
You can’t shush a diva.

scrapyardblue

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
Greg Auman
@gregauman

Much as
@jayglazer
reported, my understanding of the buildup to Antonio Brown leaving the field midgame was Bruce Arians asking him to go in the game, Brown saying his ankle was sore, Arians telling him he was done for the day if that was the case.
I don't know anything about his brain, but his ankle didn't look too sore doing jumping jacks and hopping off the field during his exit.

Flaneur

Poster Extraordinaire
As long as he is healthy enough to be productive, someone will pay Brown, whilst ignoring character flaws, downplaying behavioural issues and hoping his private life remains that way.

getbent

Telefied
Gold Supporter
Sexual assault is OK in the NFL, apparently.

it, like most public courts of opinion, is a cult of personality. We seem to let some go, ban others. We tell ourselves LOTS of lies to make it work.

Some guys get banned for the weirdest non illegal things and others (like Ray Lewis) become idols. We pick. We choose. and not just in football.