1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Is 30 days too long to wait for a refund on a purchase?

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by False Start, Jul 31, 2020.

1. SASouth

SASouth Tele-Meister

Not when it's almost 2 grand.

False Start likes this.
  2. SASouth

SASouth Tele-Meister

Update on my situation with ProAudioStar. The keyboard arrived at their warehouse on 8/3. As of today 8/12 I still have not gotten a replacement or a refund of my money. They’re now using the excuse that the pandemic is increasing their processing times. It’s funny though it only took them a day to ship out the damaged keyboard during this same pandemic.

I’m going to give them an ultimatum today; ship my replacement this afternoon or I will escalate this with Reverb and my credit card company.

3. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Doctor of Teleocity

With apologies to The Lord of the Rings......this is the "excuse" to rule all excuses. I'm just waiting for someone to blame C19 for our Texas heat and humidity.......

4. dlc1953

dlc1953 Tele-Meister

Had a Delay pedal package show up empty from them.Had to file claim with Pay Pal to get my money back! Finally did. Took a good month though.

5. JJLC

JJLC Tele-Holic

File a dispute with your credit card company. It may not get you your money back any faster but that is what I would do

6. Henley

Henley Tele-Holic

I have a lot of experience with retail on every level. I've seen it from the inside as a lot have.
    Most companies do not put over emphasis to timely return a customers money unless there is competition for their services,.

When there is little or none...you wait.. Customer service? Companies cheap out on that regularly...but some do not.

Case in point is Coleman,. to this day they are a great company in no small part due to their never expiring customer service. You buy it,. don't like it ...return it, here is your $$. Call them, say I have a model XX lantern and the Y is broke.

Their answer 100% of the time: " Sorry to hear that sir,. what is your name and address and I will get that right to you." That's customer service...no debate, no qualifications,. just where do you want me to ship it.

The result of this is...whenever I decide to buy anything and Coleman makes it...they get my exclusive business as their products are good...and their CS is even better.

7. Bob M

Bob M Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

30 days is unreasonable. I have returned stuff to Amazon during the pandemic and received credit in mere days. I just went through a situation trying to get a piezo saddle for my Ovation. Bought and installed the wrong one and the dealer sent me the right one and refunded me for the first one the same day he got it back. Customer service should always be the goal.

False Start likes this.
  8. Henley

Henley Tele-Holic

It used to be...but companies have got the idea they do not need qualified sales persons or fantastic customer service. Put the crap on the shelves...and it will sell by itself,. why would you need a 50,000 a year professional to assist you and maximize the amount of money you spend? They dump the pro's and hire inexperienced no-help. As long as you can stock shelves,. you are hired. Customer service? ha.

nojazzhere likes this.
  9. SASouth

SASouth Tele-Meister

Update: Still waiting on ProAudioStar to do the right thing after they've had the keyboard back in their possession for 12 days now. I've opened a complaint on Reverb. I guess I'll see where that takes me.

I have a suspicion that I'm eventually going to have to dispute this charge with my bank/credit card company.

nojazzhere likes this.
  10. False Start

False Start TDPRI Member

I filed a dispute against proaudio with my credit card company and was told that it could take up to two billing cycles to get it resolved. That being the case, you might want to commence with the dispute as soon as possible.

11. False Start

False Start TDPRI Member

I've learned that if I can get a product through Amazon, I will purchase it through them because of their return policy.

Ronzo and Bob M like this.
  12. SASouth

SASouth Tele-Meister

I thought I was covered using Reverb. We shall see.

False Start likes this.
  13. SASouth

SASouth Tele-Meister

I just want a undamaged keyboard. If ProAudioStar would follow through I’d be happy to let the whole thing go.

False Start likes this.
  14. SASouth

SASouth Tele-Meister

Update: I was refunded today by Reverb Admin. They tell me it will take 2 to 3 days to be posted to my card. The Charlie Foxtrot will soon be over.

From the message that I got from Reverb, the refund was pushed through by Reverb instead of the seller. If this is true I’m not a bit surprised. I hope they are able to hold them accountable.

Since I’ve been refunded they apparently take away the ability to leave scathing negative feedback on Reverb; which is a damn shame because I don’t think that the feedback on Reverb tells the full story if people can’t read about deals that have gone sour with a seller.

I guess l’ll have to go to Yelp to post and join the other disaffected former customers of ProAudioStar.

superbadj and False Start like this.
  15. RobDaglish

RobDaglish TDPRI Member

Amazon (UK) returns are fantastic - you mostly get a prepaid return and a promise to pay when they receive the item, and within an hour or so of dropping it into the post office, a refund email to tell you they’ve refunded you. Means you’re less worried about buying something and sending it back if needed!

16. False Start

False Start TDPRI Member

Amazon here in the States is good, too. I've learned the hard way that, if I can purchase something thru them, I will. They are my first choice.

17. False Start

False Start TDPRI Member

I'm glad to hear that your ordeal is over. How many days was it?

18. SASouth

SASouth Tele-Meister

The refund hit my card on Friday.

It took from August 3rd when they received the the damaged keyboard back from me to August 28th to get my refund.

The whole ordeal from start to finish was 37 days from initial order to refund.

19. superbadj

superbadj Poster Extraordinaire

Yeah that's not good. As I said earlier, I had a fantastic experience with ProAudioStar but clearly that's not always the case. Sorry that happened, but very happy it's resolved!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.