1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Ironman 2 vs Ironman...which one you guys like better ?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by JohnK24, May 8, 2010.

1. JohnK24

JohnK24 Friend of Leo's

Just returned from seeing IM2 (I'm a huge Iron Man and Captain America geek)...I liked the plot, and Tony's struggles - it's what makes the IM package imho. Battle scenes were too brief and too fast..I wanted more "suit", but enjoyed the film. Downey captures Tony Stark better than anyone who has been cast in a superhero/comic book role. Love the very subtle use of Cap's shield in the particle accelerator scene ...and you gotta wait till the end of the credits for the next Avenger lead in....;)

Stark Industries RAWKS !

2. Bryan

Bryan Tele-Holic

The first one was great, haven't seen the second one yet but I will.

3. castpolymer

castpolymer Poster Extraordinaire

Going to see IM2 tomorrow morning at 9:30. I will post my two centavos after I get home. I am a huge comic book geek, so I doubt I will be disappointed.

4. PennyCentury

PennyCentury Poster Extraordinaire

Saw it this afternoon at IMAX. Music from AC/DC opens and closes the movie.
    Gary Shandling was great as a weasely politician. Mickey Rourke was a great villain.

No spoilers here.

5. Guitar Rat

Guitar Rat Tele-Meister

No spoilers....but I prefer the sequel, except for the fact the in 2 villains have little exposition IMO. But the action is fantastic, and I thought it had a great sense of humor to it--lots of subtle one-liners and remarks.

The other thing--I like how both of these movies portray science as "cool". Tony Stark isn't a nerd who can't get a date in these movies--quite the opposite. Maybe that's a good thing for kids to see onscreen, that you don't have to be ashamed to be smart, want to solve problems, and be passionate about something.

6. hannigan

hannigan Friend of Leo's

I must be Jaded or saw a different movie, for me it was tedious, although I did enjoy Shandling.

7. robt57

robt57 Telefied Ad Free Member

Toss up for me, liked them both lots!

Scarlet gets better and better, and I used to have no use for her... ;)

8. hannigan

hannigan Friend of Leo's

And I liked the ACDC .

I should add Ive been a fan and reader of comics for years.

9. Grant Orino

Grant Orino TDPRI Member

Liked the first one much better, despite the presence of Rourke, Shandling and Scarlet (yowsa!!!!) in the sequel.

10. zatoichi

zatoichi Tele-Holic

Loved the first one, def. seeing the second...in *spite* of the AC/DC.....

11. castpolymer

Saw it this morning in IMAX ( wow ). Great flick. Calling politicians " ass clowns " would make any movie for me.Tons of action, good characters and great setup for the Thor, Capt. America and Avengers movies. IMAX is the bomb! Soooo worth the extra few bucks. This comic book geek left in a state of dorkified bliss. :D

12. tubescent

tubescent Tele-Meister

liked the 1st one but thought the 2nd was all about product placement and selling action figures at Burger King. Mickey Rourke kind of stole the show a bit. Scarlet what'sherface was truly woeful.

13. robt57

It is easy to forget it supposed to have the comic book flow. But Favreau was showboating a little too much maybe. Need to stop hanging with Quentin maybe. ;)

But it is just supposed to be entertainment/ing, and for me it sure was. The humor was a little tigher in IM One, the robot RDjr interactions etc... but all good in my book.

14. castpolymer

I also want to throw this in. Robert Downey, Jr. is Tony Stark / Iron Man. No one person in any superhero movie franchise ( except maybe Chris Reeve ) was so perfectly matched to a character. I am thankful that he was able to overcome his demons and allow his gift to come to life again. I mean really, after all his problems, did anyone really think he would still be alive, much less where he is today?

P.S. Am I the only person who thinks Gwyneth Paltrow is more attractive than Mrs. Johansen?

15. Targ

Targ Tele-Meister

Heads and tails above!

16. rhinocaster

rhinocaster Friend of Leo's

The Iron Man movies haven't worked for me at all. Having said that, Iron Man 1 was infinitely better than Iron Man 2. I think IM2 was a total mess. The film had no tone, the story was all over the place and there was no development between characters. If not for Robert Downey Jr., the movie would have been completely unwatchable. YMMV.

17. robt57

More, much more in a different way. SJ is the hot little biscuit, GP is just a deliciously handsome woman to me.

I would be chatting up GP and ignoring SJ at a party. Or giving SJ attention and making sure GP saw it, then.. never mind... neither would take the likes of me, so hat is the use. :D

Sorry for the objectification gals. :oops:

18. JohnK24

JohnK24 Friend of Leo's

Yes sir we agree...Downey IS Stark....and yes to Gwyneth...she's a natural beauty...

I only wished this movie would have been a tad longer to give us a few more "suit" scenes...more hand to hand combat with IM and Whip Lash...Can't wait for Cap...he was my childhood comic book fav.

19. winny pooh

winny pooh Friend of Leo's

As someone said, the story is a bit all over the place, so I prefer the first one (Tony's character is also less arrogant in that one) the second one is worth watching for Sam Rockwell 's awesome sleaziness :lol:

20. robt57

I am liking him more and more with each part since The Green Mile, which he was way too funny for a psycho killer, 'quesque c'est'. ;)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.