iPhone 5 predictions: Opinions Wanted

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Thighbanez, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Comanche

Comanche TDPRI Member

I will get one if it shoots 1080p video with stereo sound.

2. elicross

elicross Poster Extraordinaire

I've used iTunes on a PC for years. That's never been my experience. In fact, when I switched from my iPhone 3G to an Android-based phone, I kept using iTunes.

3. logan2z

logan2z Tele-Holic

I'm a pretty big fan of Apple products and currently have an iPhone 4S, MacBook Pro and MacBook Air in the house. But unless there's a significant improvement in screen size and vastly smarter keyboard/spell correction in the writing/texting apps, I'm dumping my iPhone for an Android phone. I find I spend more and more time texting and sending emails from my iPhone and it's becoming increasingly frustrating to type something intelligible on this thing.

4. ScatMan

ScatMan Friend of Leo's

Nokia announced its Win phone 8 Lumia 920 and 820 today.

No exact availability date or price announcement though.

5. Mad Kiwi

Mad Kiwi Friend of Leo's

ANother itunes "hater" here. I just don't like the software (on a pc at least). I use adn LIKE windows media player for my syncing.

I love the Lossless encoding and mostly, unlike itunes, I don't have to supply a credit card number JUST to make the program work!

I had an iphone 3g or whatever and much prefer the Samsung S3.

6. superbadj

superbadj Poster Extraordinaire

So the Samsung Galaxy S III, which is a few months old, is a better phone than the iPhone 3G, which (with the release of the 5) is one (4S)...no two (4) ...no three (3GS)....no, sorry, FOUR (3G) product generations old?

Shocker!

7. tschommer

tschommer Tele-Afflicted

You don't even need a computer anymore...

8. Mad Kiwi

Mad Kiwi Friend of Leo's

Superbad, I wasn't comapring the 3 to the samsung. Just the itunes side...

Getting documents on the the iphone was a problem, pdf's etc. Android just appears as a device in windows, copy/paste backwards and forwards etc. Was so much easier, not sure if the new iphones do that...?

9. Tred

Tred Tele-Afflicted

Lets see, iPhone 1 & 2 & 3 & 4. Now you want me to drop another several hundred for an iPhone 5? All this in the last 2-3 years?

Wasn't it P.T. Barnum who said, "A sucker is born every minute?"

I have had the same phone for 2+ years. It's not fancy, but it does send & recieve phone calls, texts, and takes pics. I don't worry about hackers, bugs, or viruses. Nor do I care if it falls off my desk. And, it gets just as crappy service as all the iPhones. Also, it can jump on the i-net, and listen to music, and take pics.

All without the headaches most iPhone users have. Yep, I learned my lesson a couple of years ago. I was one of the first to buy an Evo-4G! You would think, living in the Kansas City area, some 15 miles from Sprint World Headquarters, I would have the best reception & signal strength, not to mention 4G all the time. Nope. It dropped calls like everyone else's, and I could not keep it in 4G. It wouldn't stay in manually or automatically. Even the Sprint tech shook his head... I ended up selling the P.O.S. to a friend of mine, who was reallly jealous of it, for enough money to cover buying cheap phone. He had to replace it 2 times, than finally upgraded to another WONDER PHONE. (Yeah, he is one of those, who have to have the newest, biggest, baddest all the time. I have been happy & NOT frustrated ever since.

Never again. It's a cheap phone for me from now on.

10. Ben Harmless

Ben Harmless Friend of Leo's

This iPhone 4 user won't be upgrading. Let me count the ways:

1. Patent abuse and bullying (because Apple owns rectangles and curves)
    2. Unnecessarily restrictive DRM (I had to wipe my phone just because I had to wipe my computer)
    3. Poor privacy record
    4. Dropping Google data ('Trust our new iMaps!)
    5. Monumentally stupid design decisions on the 4/4s that were never owned up to (external antenna placement, etc)
    6. BS content licensing concepts for digital files.

I could go on, but I was just happy to get a smartphone. It sure doesn't need to have an apple on it. I've still not once bought a single scrap of music from the iTunes store, which appears to be 70% of what this device is designed for.

Oh, yeah, and iTunes runs horribly on my 5-month old PC.

EDIT: Bonus reason - the last version of iTunes allowed me to upload a whole bunch of videos that I'd encoded for the purpose. The latest version won't even recognize them. Classy, Apple. No, I won't be going to the iTunes store to buy the content (license) from you.

11. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Telefied Ad Free Member

Sheep.

That's my prediction.

Oh - and stockholders rubbing their hands together.

12. backporch guy

backporch guy Tele-Afflicted

I Phone 5?!!! I don't have I Phone 1 yet!:D

13. imwjl

imwjl Poster Extraordinaire

Equal opportunity bias here - I have stock in each of Apple, Google and Microsoft.... I use, administer, and support multiple platforms.

As a sys admin and network engineer I already have users with the big screen LTE battery sucking and sometimes generally sucking Android phones planning to buy an Apple after the expected release. I also have been answering questions from users who have not yet bought a smart phone who plan to buy when Apple releases the new product.

For personal use I recently sold my Android phone that was already either for testing or a spare, and am using an iPhone 4. I sit out of contract and can't see me doing anything but sticking with an iPhone whether or not I buy a new one. There are a few apps for it that are superior to any of my Android phones and they are the highest quality phone we have among our hundreds of users.

On iTunes. I use Windows and Mac and iTunes works great on my Windows computer.

14. Revv23

Revv23 Friend of Leo's

I like my 4s. I was about to give it up but when i switched to a jailbroken iOS it really took the handcuffs off of the device for me.

Ymmv.

15. emu!

emu! Poster Extraordinaire

iPhone 6 release date = as soon as iPhone 5 sales start to decline.

16. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

you don't have to do that... your hate is legitimate except for this part. you can go without a credit card... just so you know.

17. Revv23

Revv23 Friend of Leo's

My biggest complaint with itunes is its file structure on a pc insists on living on my windows partition. Every time i try to use it, it starts copying all 200 gb of my music onto a drive that is only 40gb... I also cant get it to store my phone backups on a different drive. Why would i want my backups on the most used most vulnerable drive i have? Sure you can move the backups, but its not worth the hassle.

Im not looking for an easy way to sort my music, its already sorted, im looking for a way to manage my files, which itunes is extremely poor at- as is iphone.

That being said, after my jailbreak i dont nee to worry about any of this anymore. Which makes me love my iphone. I just hated it in its stock form. The hardware is terrific.

18. Thighbanez

Thighbanez Tele-Afflicted

Wonderful, the logical voice of experience from both sides.
    I've been waiting for this viewpoint because I had a feeling that iTunes worked better for mac users than it did for pc users like me.

thanks!

19. Thighbanez

Thighbanez Tele-Afflicted

THIS!!
    I just dropped the hammer on 2 Galaxy S-II phones and I really believe I'm going to be happier than if I got an iPhone.

20. Five Fingers

Five Fingers Tele-Afflicted

Personally I don't care for an iPhone. I am a confirmed Android user.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.