Intuition: do you have intuition

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by ping-ping-clicka, Nov 29, 2020.

1. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Telefied Ad Free Member

What do I make of that what do I make of that...

I will not be asking Schrodinger to take care of my cat when I go on vacation.

The probability that Schrodinger's curiosity will save the cat is low.

Caring for animals that cannot speak for themselves requires a little intuition.
    Hell, marriage requires some intuition, and the courage to be wrong now and then.

True that awareness can easily be confused with intuition.
    How about scientists that figured out that dogs can be trained to detect certain diseases in humans?

Were the scientists aware of the dog sensing/ smelling disease?
    Extrapolation or hypotheses spring from awareness but might benefit from some intuition as well.

Or humans are so poorly trained in fine awareness skills in fear that the trainer will be fired and ostracized, that many get angry at suggestions of person B having any senses that person A is not familiar with.

Sure there are still only the five senses, but is finer awareness of those senses and intuitive combining of both sense and former data collected in fine sensory usage; maybe a sixth sense?

For example blundering along and missing the wife's little hints about the upcoming anniversary we forgot.
    Husband A might miss all the cues, while husband B collects them into his mysterious cues locker.
    At the end of the week, husband B sees that locker filling up and he pulls out all those mysterious cues and examines them.
    His Ah Ha! moment is not unique, but why do those other husbands seemingly can't sense basic stuff from the wife?

Is identifying potentially significant cues, a sense?
    Is the inability to sense cues, senseless?

The answer to all that is no, just basic awareness that many folks lack.
    Interesting though, to think about how some folks process lots of data while others take in almost none.

ponce and ping-ping-clicka like this.
  2. ping-ping-clicka

ping-ping-clicka Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

I had a cat lets call her Coincidence,
    she would stare at mt when I wasn't looking and I would thing , perhaps I should feed Coincidence, now! I would look up an she would be staring and before I could get out of my seat she'd head towards her feeding dish and I would whether to feed her chicken or mixed sea food ( means (Dolphin and Porpoise)

the question posed to you as yourself
    is he telling the truth?

did he ever have a cat?
    was that the real cats name?
    what happened if I ignored Coincidence
    how many back legs did she have two or three.

Logic : Won't help you answer these questions there are enough brakes in the pattern of possible answers
    there was a cat yes /no, with three legs yes/no etc. etc. did she only ate dry food. Ralph_Steadman_Aspen_Nights_Lets_Party_72.jpg
    Please try to guess the answers , to find the answers by using how you feel, Intuition.

3. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Silver Supporter

I didn't move out here in the middle of nowhere from my high paying career without my great spot-on intuition.:cool:

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
    ping-ping-clicka likes this.
  4. ping-ping-clicka

I was a very effective unarmed security officer for 12 years .
    I once asked a guy who was trying to intimidate me,
    " are you going to hurt me
    are you going to kill me?
    he turned and walked away.

on halloween in upper Haight Ashbury on my way to work, I was accosted and told give me your money,
    I turned and calmly asked, Do you want to die,
    in a more relaxed voice asked again Do, You, want to Die?
    the assault immediately said
    " oh man, it's all good , we cool , we cool, later!
    and quickly walked away. using intuition tell me, are these stories true or fabrications? life in the time of hiv.jpg

5. telleutelleme

telleutelleme Telefied Silver Supporter

Does inability to make a quick decision trump any possibility of having intuition? I'll have to think about that.

ping-ping-clicka likes this.
  6. ping-ping-clicka

I was told that my friends 13' reticulate African Rock Python (a very big boy ) When I asked how smart is Mr Snake ?
    Roger said "how smart is your toaster?
    He was bore knowing everything that he knows his instincts drive him.
    If he wanted to eat the dog he can move fast enough for a short burst to catch the dog , but he wouldn't do that.
    Mr Snake would watch the dog decide on the optimal place to wait for the dog to walk by and ambush him.`

Teraoka bigger.JPG

7. kbold

kbold Friend of Leo's

Yes, but I don't enjoy it.

I'd prefer a different super power.

8. eclecticsynergy

eclecticsynergy Friend of Leo's

Something tells me I've got extuition instead.

driver8 likes this.
  9. Festofish

Festofish Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I knew you were gonna ask this!

10. Guitarteach

Guitarteach Doctor of Teleocity

Of course... going through it now with a boardroom blowup.... the writing was on the wall weeks ago and it is playing out exactly like a book or script I could have written.

Heuristics, background sensory processing, biases... we all have them, its common biology. We will see more things some might choose to call ‘intuition’ happen by the sheer commonality of experience. We are synchronised as a species at subconcious levels by common evolution and our base programming that was set in place in the primordial world where mental shortcuts to make ‘best chance’ decisions with limited info. provided evolutionary advantage.... Is this stranger a friend or a potential foe? Do they want to compete or collaborate? Our subconcious is a couple of steps ahead trying to make the ‘best guess’. We read (or should) body language.. and we give tonnes away in our tone of voice and movement. You can ‘learn’ to read the signals.

Then.. if it works out, confirmation bias plays its role, so we trust it more.

We just forget it sometimes but all experience it in some form. No one is better or worse or has unique access to anything magical or woo... IMO.

It’s all in how we choose to name it and recognise it.

Harry Styron and driver8 like this.
  11. Sparky2

Sparky2 Friend of Leo's

I look at intuition as a combination of experience, innate intelligence, and self-awareness combined with situational awareness.

It isn't taught, but rather has to come naturally when it comes.
    And some people, we must all admit this, will never, ever have it.

Good band-mates are attuned to what the song requires, and what is expected to happen next, but they are also ready for what the other players might do to improvise, and they are prepared for it. They know about swing, and they know how to stretch out a song and keep rolling into extra choruses and solo bits when the song is working.

And it goes without saying, how to keep it going when there are people on the dance floor, having fun, and buying drinks.

Okay, I'm gonna shut up now.

:(

12. Tonetele

Tonetele Poster Extraordinaire

I get premonitions about people's health. They are often not nice. Sadly, I have been accurate , with people I know who have died. Have always had these since my 20s ( I am 64).

13. Marc Morfei

Marc Morfei Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Intuition is hard-wired into our brains. We don't have time to make a thorough analysis of every decision we make all day long. We need to make snap judgements all the time, and if we want to survive we need them to be accurate. In fact, snap judgements are often better than ones made analytically. Read this book. It's great. He breaks it down in a way that is entertaining and easy to understand.
    31V+PSdZWZL._SX328_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Guitarteach likes this.
  14. twangking

twangking Tele-Afflicted

I've got indigestion.

15. soundchaser59

soundchaser59 Tele-Afflicted

All I have is a high school diploma. I didn't go to college because I can't afford the intuition.

16. teletail

teletail Friend of Leo's

Maybe not intuition, but a couple of the letters fell off the back of my car. I've been meaning to replace them, but life gets in the way. Two nights ago I dreamed that my wife handed me the missing letters. This morning, for my birthday, I open my present and it's the missing letters.

17. rcole_sooner

rcole_sooner Poster Extraordinaire

"We've gotta roll with the punches
    Learn to play all of our hunches
    Make the best of whatever comes your way
    Forget that blind ambition
    And learn to trust your intuition
    Plowin' straight ahead come what may"

bgmacaw likes this.
  18. Harry Styron

Harry Styron Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

How would I know?

19. Peegoo

Peegoo Poster Extraordinaire

I tend to believe intuition and synchronicity are strictly human concepts; other animals have no use for them.

One part of it is heightened awareness of the perceptible/observable ("Sherlock Holmes skill level," for instance), and the other part is the innate human need to discover causal factors and explain things that are otherwise inexplicable.

Humans do not possess instincts found in other animals; instead, they rely on the ability to recognize patterns and develop repeatable behaviors to achieve positive outcomes and reduce negative outcomes. This pattern recognition is what leads to things such as superstitions and belief in things like 'luck.' Discuss the concept of luck with a dog, and the first thing that will amaze you is--holy hell--a talking dog!

Humans do not think like other animals, and animals do not think like humans. When we attribute uniquely human thought processes to animals, things get out of control--such as being eaten by the grizzly bears you stupidly assumed were your buddies.

61fury likes this.
  20. That Cal Webway

That Cal Webway Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

On imminent danger from loose cannons, yes.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.