Introducing the "Cork Sniffer" Amp! Anybody else use a Cricut for amp logos?

CrazyFrankSD

TDPRI Member
Putting together my AA165 Blackface Bassman clone and the chassis/faceplate I scored off eBay arrived "Mojo style" with a big blank where "Bassman Amp" would normally be silkscreened. There are stickers available online, but since I already have a Cricut vinyl cutter and some spare time, I thought I'd put something together. The "Brush Stroke" font is kind of "Fender-esque" but not exactly right for making a straight up imitation logo, and I couldn't seem to find a high enough resolution version/scan of the actual logo to use as a source file for the Cricut Design Space software to cutout cleanly (it ended up looking bloated) so just playing around with the Brush font I came up with this.. "Cork Sniffer".. a tip of the hat to all the folks who insist there's a noticeable difference in sound between F&T and Sprague caps or those who believe that the secret to magical tone lies in the type of eyelet board you use.. when everyone knows the best caps are filled with a blend of unicorn horn dust in a suspension of albino panda semen.

I think all my builds from now on will feature the "Cork Sniffer" brand name.

Anybody else make their own custom amp logo sticker things? Let's see 'em!

Attachments

• tempImage5mYjNM.png
    tempImage5mYjNM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 38

tubedude

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
Putting together my AA165 Blackface Bassman clone and the chassis/faceplate I scored off eBay arrived "Mojo style" with a big blank where "Bassman Amp" would normally be silkscreened. There are stickers available online, but since I already have a Cricut vinyl cutter and some spare time, I thought I'd put something together. The "Brush Stroke" font is kind of "Fender-esque" but not exactly right for making a straight up imitation logo, and I couldn't seem to find a high enough resolution version/scan of the actual logo to use as a source file for the Cricut Design Space software to cutout cleanly (it ended up looking bloated) so just playing around with the Brush font I came up with this.. "Cork Sniffer".. a tip of the hat to all the folks who insist there's a noticeable difference in sound between F&T and Sprague caps or those who believe that the secret to magical tone lies in the type of eyelet board you use.. when everyone knows the best caps are filled with a blend of unicorn horn dust in a suspension of albino panda semen.

I think all my builds from now on will feature the "Cork Sniffer" brand name.

Anybody else make their own custom amp logo sticker things? Let's see 'em!
"the best caps are filled with a blend of unicorn horn dust in a suspension of albino panda semen" 🤣
I think that's Blackgates secret formula.