1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Introducing "The Beast"

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by cdhopkin, Sep 19, 2009.

1. cdhopkin

cdhopkin Tele-Meister

Hi all,

I got my baritone Esquire back from Cardiff Guitars today. I was originally going to call it "Barry Squire" but after plugging it in it's going to be known as "The Beast"

The body is a lite ash tele, the control panel is one of the blanks from GuitarFetish as is the pickup. The bridge and compensated saddles came from Bridge Works on eBay.

The neck is from Warmoth and the tuners are Wilkinson "6 on a strip" from Axesrus.

I used Ernie Ball 0.13 to 0.72 Baritone Slinkys and they are a bit too beefy for me (I'm finding it hard to hold chords down - wimp I know) so I've ordered a set of D'Addario EXL 158's (0.13 to 0.62).

It sounds great through my Blackstar HT5 but I'm going look for a dedicated bass speaker cab for it.

Here are some pics I took on my camera phone (excuse the quality):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The set up is first rate. I did have a little issue with the 1st sounding like a sitar but that was because it had slipped on the saddle and was touching the height adjustment screw.

The only mods I'm going to do in the future are to fit a normal control plate with a dual concentric pot for volume/tone and a Rothstein Voodoo Tone mid pot as well as the standard Esquire wiring. I might also fit one of the "round" string retainers for a 50s vibe.

Once I've got some lighter strings on it I'll be able to put some samples of playing up too!

2. Stuco

Stuco Poster Extraordinaire

Nice!

3. Parma_TeleMon

Parma_TeleMon Friend of Leo's

Mmmmmmmm....beefy!! How do you like your Blackstar, BTW?

4. cdhopkin

cdhopkin Tele-Meister

I like it a lot...It gets quite loud quite quickly so I generally run the speaker emulated output into my soundcard for recording.

It's great fun to play with!

5. nasonm

nasonm Friend of Leo's

Well it's a real looker but I was hoping for a thread on Dick Dale's main axe :)

6. Veitchy

Veitchy Tele-Afflicted

Nice. Hope the other mods go allright. Looks pretty wicked as it is.

Enjoy it mate.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.