Interview the person below you!

Discussion in 'Epic Threads' started by HoodieMcFoodie, Jul 18, 2016.

1. MatthewDickin

MatthewDickin Tele-Afflicted

Hah! I don't think so, Roy... But I can't answer your question, it's too specifically about a show that I don't watch. :(

So, here goes to keep this great thread going... I don't watch Breaking Bad, so I don't have a favourite or least favourite character. In fact, Breaking Bad is one of those TV trends that suddenly blows up and becomes a water-cooler moment (like Mad Men or Game of Thrones) that I just don't 'get'.

So my question is, what popular cultural trend do you just not 'get'?

2. Frank'n'censed

Frank'n'censed Doctor of Teleocity

Modern, popular music...

Speaking of "rigged", what's your favorite rig when playing out or a live gig?

3. uriah1

uriah1 Telefied Gold Supporter

Acoustically, my J45...classic rock (been a couple months)...my telenator 72ri and Goodsell
    What is your favorite Microphone?

4. HoodieMcFoodie

HoodieMcFoodie Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I'm by no means a microphone aficionado (or a great singer for that matter), but I do like my Behringer B-1 studio condenser microphone.

What was / is your mother's first name? Mine's was Doreen.

5. RoyBGood

RoyBGood Doctor of Teleocity

Mine's was Threadkiller

6. MatthewDickin

Judith.

What did you/do you plan to/would you call your first born child? How hard was it to choose, and did you ever waiver from your choice?

7. Tobias

Tobias Tele-Meister

Leon Alexander.

Took a while to get there, but once we had it, no doubt.

What do you think of the song 'prisoner' by the Pretty Reckless? (Please, no "don't know it" answers).

8. Mike SS

Mike SS Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

I've heard a few of their works, since I listen to the local college station at work (This gets me a lot of strange glances from people, since I'm in my sixties. ) Anyway, it is a bit of a departure from their previous works. Slower, bluesy..........I like it.

Are you open minded when it come to music, or do you stick to one genre?

9. thunderbyrd

thunderbyrd Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

i'm open minded about music, but i don't really go out of my way to find anything new anymore. i'm still trying to catch up on music made years or decades ago. i know there's people out there making things i would be interested in, but there's thousands out there now.

this is the last new thing i've heard that i love:

and i don't really know how "new" it is.

who is the best new rock and roll band in the world right now? new as in came out in the past 5 years?

10. bricksnbeatles

bricksnbeatles Tele-Afflicted

They've been around for a while, but they just made it big last year (I've been a fan for around 4 years now and they're my favorite band now)

TAME IMPALA! Kevin is absolutely amazing.

What is the oldest band that you regularly listen to? Mine is Quintet du Hot Club de France (Django Reinhardt)

11. AJ Love

AJ Love Friend of Leo's

Louis Armstrong and band from the 1920's

If there was high speed rail in the USA, would you use that for travel instead of flying?

12. Frank'n'censed

Frank'n'censed Doctor of Teleocity

In a heartbeat, if only they could tunnel under the Wall...

When Humpty Dumpty falls, what kinda egg dish will they make?

13. hazcat

hazcat Tele-Meister

Scrambled, of course. They will, however, say an egg benediction.

What's your favorite thing about your favorite person?

Frank'n'censed likes this.
  14. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Harley's faith in my driving.

20140614_153810.jpg

What book do you wish you have read earlier and why.

RoyBGood likes this.
  15. MatthewDickin

Pat Barker's Regeneration. I read it when I was in my early twenties, but I wish I had read it as a teenager, so powerful is it on the horrors of war. And I Claudius, which should be read by every teenager - it has everything you could want in a page-turner, sex, violence, madness, backstabbing politics and humour.

Everything else, as with music, seems to reach me at the time that I'm ready for it, even if it's waaaayy behind the time that everyone else reads it.

2016 has been, for me, the most dreadful year, and I've spent much of it in a terrible mood - angry and bitter and resentful. So, I've been listening to a lot of dark, heavy, loud music. Tech Thrash, D-Beat, Black Metal, Doom, Death Metal, the more extreme the better.

What music do you gravitate towards when you are in a bad mood, and is the intention for it to cheer you up or to revel in your misery?

16. xjazzy

xjazzy Friend of Leo's

I think I gravitate for the same music no matter what mood I'm in.
    But if I'm in a bad mood and I put some music it's to cheer me up, otherwise I wouldn't listen to anything.

What's the latest record you got addicted to?

17. RoyBGood

Joe Satriani's 'Shockwave Supernova'. He has a knack of making often very complex pieces instantly likeable and there's guitar tones to die for all over this album. He never ceases to amaze me - he's 60 now and every record he makes has some of the best things he's ever done. The gorgeous 'Littleworth Lane' from his previous album springs to mind. His playing is always faultless and he combines precision and feel beautifully.

Have you ever worked with someone who shares the same birthday as you? (not necessarily the same year - just month and date), and how did you get on with each other?

18. Fiesta Red

Fiesta Red Friend of Leo's

Yes...well, not really worked together...we were in elementary school from grade 1-5, and she was five hours younger than me.

She was very short, very round and wore glasses so thick she could see the future. But, because she was funny and we shared the same birthday, we were friends, and would hang out on the monkey bars during recess. Other boys (and some of the girls) made fun of her incessantly. the other boys also made fun of me for being friends with a girl, but I didn't care--I was just happy to have a friend.

(The weird thing was, I don't celebrate my birthday--or anyone else's--so I don't know how she knew we shared one. I guess we were friends before we found that out).

She moved away after grade 5. Her family moved back in grade 8, and she had, erm...blossomed. She had gotten contacts, lost weight, grown taller and become a lovely young lady.

All the guys were talking about the new "Hot girl" who had just enrolled, and how they wanted to meet her, etc...she walked past them, walked directly up to me, gave me a very big, lingering hug, and said, "I'm so glad to see you, would you eat lunch with me?“

That was a good day in Fiesta Red Land.

We lost touch after graduation, but when my daughter started elementary school--at the same elementary school I went to--there was Angela. Her kids were a couple of years older than my kid, but she was a part of the "Orientation Committee" to teach new moms and dads theories. She was still as sweet as ever.

Do you have any pieces of gear you don't really use, but can't get rid of, because of sentimentality?

Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
  19. MatthewDickin

Yes, my first guitar - an 80s MIK Fender Gemini II acoustic. It was a gift from my uncle out of his collection when I said that I wanted to learn. I don't play it so much now, but will never get rid of it.

What has been your favourite question in this thread?

20. RoyBGood

Any that gets more than the pointless 'no, I've not heard that one, so I've got no opinion on it, but here's my question anyway' variety. And yes, I'm guilty of that myself! :lol:

Have you ever needed life-saving surgery?

Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.