1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Interview the person below you!

Discussion in 'Epic Threads' started by HoodieMcFoodie, Jul 18, 2016.

1. RoyBGood

RoyBGood Doctor of Teleocity

Album: Thriller... 'too much Filler' :lol: only joking! - the good stuff is good, but the not-so-good isn't.

Movie: Atonement: A lfilm in love with itself.

Novel: Vintage Stuff by Tom Sharpe - a let-down after the previous run of brilliance.

You can choose ONE CAR which will be given to you free of charge and all running costs will be paid for. BUT you can't have a second motor that you fund yourself. The car you pick has to do it all; work, shopping, holidays, gigging and posing. You can have a pristine example of any car ever made... what do you pick?

2. Frank'n'censed

Frank'n'censed Doctor of Teleocity

My typical 2 bits, (so please take no offense)...in these days of cherry picking, the art of the "Album" is something of a dinosaur.

3. dlew919

dlew919 Doctor of Teleocity

Probably a Bentley or s Cadillac.

How many instruments do you play?

4. RoyBGood

Guitar and bass only!

One for Brooklyn Nine-Nine fans:

Rosa, Amy, Gina or Jake Peralta's mom?

5. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

No idea who you're talking about but not cracking gum is a nice start.

Favourite Daft Punk song? Mine is... Harder Better Faster Stronger

(wait for it...)

6. soulgeezer

soulgeezer Poster Extraordinaire

The one that goes dun, dun, duh-dun, duh, dun, duh-duh, dun...

Twenty-Five or Six to Four?

7. RoyBGood

Aside: can I make a suggestion?

There's lots of people answering in the negative to previous questions. I just don't get that - if one has no view or point of reference to the most recent question, why not ignore it and wait for someone who has got something positive to say to post an interesting / entertaining reply to liven the thread up a bit as it limps up to the 100 page mark? I mean, just answering 'no' is a bit, well, deflating for the previous question-setter! :cry:

It also makes for somewhat dull reading. :(

dlew919 likes this.
  8. soulgeezer

soulgeezer Poster Extraordinaire

Bite my shiny metal ass! ;) :p

dlew919 likes this.
  9. dlew919

dlew919 Doctor of Teleocity

It depends on what time it is. Does anyone know?

Do you gig with an amp? Or more accurately have you tried a direct to pa siystem such as a sans amp? Did it work?

10. RoyBGood

Amp only for me - I'm a dinosaur. Prefer it if the venue is small enough not to need miking-up, so that hard-earned tone isn't wrecked by a PA! Have never tried the newer methods I'm ashamed to admit.

What's your favourite 'Hithcock-style' / homage to the great director movie? ie; Brian De Palma's 'Dressed to Kill'.

11. RoyBGood

:rolleyes:

soulgeezer likes this.
  12. Frank'n'censed

Frank'n'censed Doctor of Teleocity

I'm kinda partial to Clint Eastwood's directorial debut, Play Misty for Me...

Design your own custom cargo shorts & describe them...

2016-10-27-17-15-11.jpg

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
    RoyBGood likes this.
  13. RoyBGood

14. MatthewDickin

MatthewDickin Tele-Afflicted

My dream cargo shorts are:

-made of dark, dry denim
    -slim cut
    -finish at the ankle
    -five pockets, with no cargo-style pockets on the thigh.

Did I just design a pair of jeans? Oops!

Also, my favourite Daft Punk sing is also Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger - but the live version from their Alive 2007 tour/album. It was a toss up between that and 'Short Circuit'. Great band! I've long been of the opinion that the music on Daft Punk's albums works best in a live setting, chopped up and remixed. What an amazing live act. Hope they do a tour in 2017.

And, re Roy's Brooklyn Nine Nine, can I say 'none of the above'... But that I am a bit obsessed with Andy Sandburg's real life wife, Joanna Newsom - the best songwriter of our time and a fabulous musician.

Phew... A question:

Does the album format still have relevance for you, or do you pick and choose track by track? What was the last album that you listened to all the way through?

troy2003 and RoyBGood like this.
  15. Steve 78

Steve 78 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

When I buy music it is usually by album. It is still relevant to me. I like to hear a cohesive body of work. I'm also so old fashioned that I still buy CDs :)

When I listen to music at work however it is often track by track e.g. on youtube or clips posted here.

The last album I bought and listened through was Dead Can Dance - The Serpent's Egg. I listened to Celtic Frost - To Mega Therion the other day while washing dishes (our dishwasher broke) and listened to The Cure - Faith the other day in the car.

McGarnagle or McBain?

RoyBGood and MatthewDickin like this.
  16. RoyBGood

McBain (if it's the same McBain I'm thinking of) - great dig at Arnie 'hey, your shoes are untied!' McBain bends down in the daylight to examine them and it's dark before he says 'on closer inspection they appear to be loafers.'

Favourite bridge design? (and just to be clear, I'm talking about a structure that spans open water and links two land masses -
    not a guitar part / section in a song / part of a pair of glasses / nose, etc, etc!).

(Re the post above: 'When I buy music it is usually by album. It is still relevant to me. I like to hear a cohesive body of work. I'm also so old fashioned that I still buy CDs :)'
    Me too - and I still sometimes buy VINYL! And play it quite often - it's still the only format a lot of music is available in, so that's the only choice).

Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
    Steve 78 likes this.
  17. HoodieMcFoodie

HoodieMcFoodie Telefied Ad Free Member

I do like a good suspension bridge.

[​IMG]

Are you the adventurous type? If so, what is the most adventurous thing you've done?

18. RoyBGood

GGB.jpg I meant a specific 'iconic' bridge like the Brooklyn Bridge, Clifton Gorge Bridge, etc. I obviously wasn't clear. :eek: The previous shot isn't a suspension bridge - The Golden Gate is one of those. The clue is the hundreds of cables suspending the road from the supports above.

19. Guitarteach

Guitarteach Doctor of Teleocity

Fave bridge design... Mmm I like the look of a nice arty cantilever but I have to say Brunel's unique constructions are iconic, Forth bridge and the Tamar in particular. If I have to pick though, a nice medieval arch can be so beautiful. Built to last centuries. I pick Devils Bridge Kirkby Lonsdale. Biker nirvana and great bacon butties.

[​IMG]

To get back on track. Last question was what was the most adventurous thing you've done?i

RoyBGood likes this.
  20. HoodieMcFoodie

HoodieMcFoodie Telefied Ad Free Member

You never said iconic. My photo is too a suspension bridge! The deck (the bit the people are walking on) is suspended from the tension cables (the bit where their hands are). Anyway I googled suspension bridge and that photo came up so it must be one. :);):D:p:lol:

Wikipedia agrees with me too, so there. :lol:

Back to the question: Are you the adventurous type? If so, what is the most adventurous thing you've done?

RoyBGood likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.