1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Interview the person below you!

Discussion in 'Epic Threads' started by HoodieMcFoodie, Jul 18, 2016.

1. Mike SS

Mike SS Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

It implies he committed suicide by throwing himself into the auger of the truck.

Have you known anyone who took their own life? I have lost two friends, and a fiancé to suicide.

2. troy2003

troy2003 Friend of Leo's

My wife's uncle. A Vietnam Vet who struggled privately with his demons. Financially had everything he ever dreamed of but suffered in silence
    Possibly a cousin. The facts are sketchy and out of respect for his parents I accept what they say,unintentional od of pain killers for a severe injury.
    Mike-sorry for your loss-3 close people is a lot-I pray you're doing ok.

3. troy2003

troy2003 Friend of Leo's

Oops-forgot to ask a question!

Has any of your kids been engaged to,or married,someone you didn't approve of? And if so,did your feelings change?

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
  4. soulgeezer

soulgeezer Poster Extraordinaire

I don't have any kids, but my wife's parents didn't approve of me at first. They came to accept me and welcome me into their family. Does that count?

What country would you like to visit that you never have and why does it attract you?

troy2003 likes this.
  5. Guitarteach

Guitarteach Doctor of Teleocity

Iceland. Was on my list of destinations for ice climbing and mountain skiing and to see the landscape and geological features but I never got round to it. My daughter went last year and I admit to being a bit jealous.

Most exotic (different to where you reside) location you have been to?

6. troy2003

troy2003 Friend of Leo's

Juneau Alaska. So much there-mountains, glacier,bears, bald eagles by the hundreds. Just awe inspiring. I had a job offer there but had to turn it down due to wife's health problems. Still have the "what if's"

I'll ask previous question-most exotic place you want to visit?

7. Frank'n'censed

Frank'n'censed Doctor of Teleocity

Brazil, but I'm leery of the violence factor, not being the tour group type & generally prefer to travel solo. My uncle was mugged in Rio & I warned them before they went, not to wear flashy clothes, watches, jewelry, etc.. Being a bigger person, I stand out & with my advancing age, this will probably never come to realistic fruition.

If you had the opportunity to exact revenge on an individual in your distant past, would you/why?

8. RoyBGood

RoyBGood Doctor of Teleocity

Probably not 'cos of Karma Konsiderations!

What's your favourite Flying V model? - or should that be Flying V ariant?

9. RoyBGood

10. Mike SS

Mike SS Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

RoyBGood asked:

What's your favourite Flying V model? - or should that be Flying V ariant?[/QUOTE]

Carvin has a "V" body that I have pondered on several times. It is a bit smaller bodied than some of the other models I have seen. There's a Randy Rhoads "V" body that also caught my eye.

Do you have any current guitar projects in the works? Mods, restoration, customizing....string change and polish time?

11. richiek65

richiek65 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

The Grace Potter..Flying Grace!

12. dlew919

dlew919 Doctor of Teleocity

Carvin has a "V" body that I have pondered on several times. It is a bit smaller bodied than some of the other models I have seen. There's a Randy Rhoads "V" body that also caught my eye.

Do you have any current guitar projects in the works? Mods, restoration, customizing....string change and polish time?[/QUOTE]

Stupid but I've been trying to put a new string on my banjo. I hate string changes. I need it this week too

Worst mod you ever did?

13. Guitarteach

Guitarteach Doctor of Teleocity

Worst mod. Many years ago as a teen I ground the frets down near to the fretboard on my first ever guitar, a Les Paul copy, to get the 'fretless wonder' effect. Actually it was not too bad thinking about it.

Best mod ever? Mine - Bill Lawrence L90XL from the late 70's I put in my no. 1 strat of the time. Wow.

14. HoodieMcFoodie

HoodieMcFoodie Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I put a pair of DiMazio PAFs into a 1975 Ibanez Les Paul. Too bad that guitar got stolen. Knowing what I know now I'd put the super 70's back into the Lester and use the PAF's on something else.

Favourite snack food? I found these up in the snack cupboard today. All I can say is WOW!
    [​IMG]

15. Patrick May

Patrick May TDPRI Member

Dove Dark chocolates. It's my wife's fault, she introduced me to them. I'm a chocoholic any but they are my guilty pleasure.

Worst vacation ever? Mine was a few years ago, my wife and I went to Charleston, South Carolina and it was so hot it felt like you were melting. Stayed inside pretty much the whole time.

16. HoodieMcFoodie

HoodieMcFoodie Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Probably when I was about 13. We were on Christmas holidays by the beach. I was doubling my younger cousin on some kid's mini bike and stacked it, requiring 4 stitches in my knee. A beachside holiday when you can't go in the water is no fun.

Best holiday experience?

17. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Oz! It was partly the fact that I was sick of working so I quit my job and went to Australia for six months. Ending up meeting my future wife in Byron Bay.

Where did you meet your current partner?

18. RoyBGood

At work. 30th Anniversary next FEBRUARY 14th!

Name a current TV ad that really P1SSES YOU OFF - Mine is the obnoxious James Corden's insurance ad - where he also ruins one of my fave T Rex tracks! B@stard! :mad:

19. PaulHaa

PaulHaa Tele-Meister

Mine is every political add. They just are so annoying. I don't care which candidate is is.

If you could listen to one song for the first time again which one would it be?
    (Welcome to the Black Parade - My Chemical Romance)

20. MatthewDickin

MatthewDickin Tele-Afflicted

That's a great question! Probably Everything in its Right Place, the first song off Radiohead's Kid A. I remember the day the album came out and excitedly putting in the CD expecting a rock album to rival OK Computer. Then that fantastic synthesiser and chopped up vocal loop started and I forgot all about guitars... Amazing.

What eagerly anticipated record let you down the most?

AAT65 and RoyBGood like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.