Interview the person below you!

Fiesta Red

Poster Extraordinaire
Toss up between Joe Ely’s “Live at Liberty Lunch”, the Rolling Stones “Get Yer Ya-Ya’s Out” and a bootlegged ZZ Top show from 2000.

Same question

Cobra1957

Tele-Afflicted
Peter Frampton Live when I was a teenager. My buds and I listened to that album on 8 track players 100’s of times.

Same question

Fiesta Red

Poster Extraordinaire
TV Yellow (limed mahogany) and whatever that aged cherry finish seen on SGs and 335’s is called.

Same question

Last edited:

bricksnbeatles

Tele-Afflicted
No. I’ve always desperately wanted a 360/12v63, but the Rickenbacker horror stories have always turned me off, and the QC on the ricks I’ve played has been very hit or miss. I also really really really want a green 4003, but Fab Gear is the only place that gets those in as custom orders, and they’re too rich for my blood— I plan on building a copy at some point.

Do you record?

Fiesta Red

Poster Extraordinaire
Have you ever owned a Rickenbacker guitar or bass?
Sorry to jump backwards, but I absolutely love, love, love the looks and sounds of Rickenbacker guitars…however, after test-driving several dozen, I’ve some to realize their “feel” doesn’t gel with me.
Do you record?
Yes! In fact, I have recorded more than I actually gigged in the last decade or so. I play gigs for fun, not for a living (although I generally require payment…I’m not a tramp, I’m a professional! :lol:)
My drummer and I have built a small home studio, based around a Korg digital audio workstation.

Same question

Last edited:

Fiesta Red

Poster Extraordinaire
I guess the subject of recording has fizzled out…New Question:

What’s on your (current) GAS List?

brookdalebill

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
I’d like to find a Sho Bud Lloyd Green.
I haven’t had a pedal steel in awhile, and I’d prefer a good single neck on a double frame.
Same question please.

Fiesta Red

Poster Extraordinaire
I’m looking for a smaller, lighter amp, but everything I like is fairly pricey…strange, I like cheap (MIM) guitars and expensive amps. I’ve fallen in love with the Tone King Falcon Ten and the Grammatico Bassman copy (I forget the model name).

I’ve also been casually looking for an octave pedal. No particular reason or need, just looking.

I hope to start on assembling my long-delayed Esquire/Les Paul Junior/Gretsch Roundup mash-up partscaster soon. I’ve got all the parts and found a guy to do the finishing work (paint), now I just need to get started.

Do you like mashups of different guitar types/models (like the Tele-Bastard I mentioned above or the Tele/Jazzmasters, etc)?

TeleBrew

Doctor of Teleocity
I think Tele-Masters look pretty cool, and wouldn't mind having one some day.

Is there a guitar, bass, amp, etc, model that you'd like to see come around again? One that you wish they'd never stopped making?

Fiesta Red

Poster Extraordinaire
I think Tele-Masters look pretty cool, and wouldn't mind having one some day.

Is there a guitar, bass, amp, etc, model that you'd like to see come around again? One that you wish they'd never stopped making?
This is sacrilege, but I really like the early silverface/master volume Fender amps…specifically the Super Reverb and Bassman Ten…I’m talking about the early ones, not the later ultralinear models, which were a bit rough to dial in and (ahem) performed differently.

Same question.

brookdalebill

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
The Yamaha Weddington was a cool Les Paul type with more versatile switching.
I owned several, but didn’t have the snap to keep one.
Very well made, beautiful and versatile.
Next time!
Same question please.

Fiesta Red

Poster Extraordinaire
Another piece of equipment that I wish were still made is the Charvel Surfcaster. That was a very cool guitar, with great looks, good sound and good construction. I’ve only played a few, and not for a long period of time—just a brief noodle each time, but I liked each of them.

Next (two-part) question:
(1) How old were you when you started playing a musical instrument?
(2) What was the first musical instrument you played?

(My answers: I started playing piano at age 9, but didn’t really do very well on it…I still dabble on occasion…played French Horn in junior high orchestra—haven’t touched one since 1983–then I started playing guitar at age 19, and harmonica/harp—my best instrument—at age 21…I’ve always sung, even before I could talk)

Last edited:

TeleBrew

Doctor of Teleocity
I think I was six or seven when I started playing piano, my first instrument, and I wish I hadn't stopped. I played tombone in the school band in 5th and 6th grades, and started playing guitar when I was 12. That's when I stopped playing piano.

Same question

brookdalebill

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
I was 9, almost 10, my first instrument was a $9.99 Hecho En Mexico (Paracho) kid (toy) guitar.
I wanted a fiddle first, like my Dad played, but the Beatles didn’t play fiddles.;)
So, .....
It was unplayable, but I was undeterred!
Same questions, please.

Fiesta Red

Poster Extraordinaire
It looks like we stalled out, so let’s try a different direction…

If you play gigs, does one stand out as a benchmark or significantly better?