International sale on Reverb?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by David Meiland, Jun 24, 2021.

1. David Meiland

David Meiland Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Anyone here ever sold an item to a buyer in Israel? It sounds like he would pay via PayPal, although I'm trying to find out if he can use Reverb's internal payment system. Lowest shipping price looks to be via USPS. In all my trading I've sent one item directly out of the country (a camera lens, to Canada). I vaguely remember customs paperwork or somesuch, but it's been years. I've sold other stuff internationally a few times, on eBay using their international shipping deal where you send it to a US address. I sold a Tele on Reverb to a Russian buyer, but he had a US address for a re-shipping service so I just sent it there.

2. Deeve

Deeve Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

I've sold USA to Scotland on reverb dot com

The payment part was easy as it was done through their system.
    Shipping overseas is a p.i.t.a. and should be charged accordingly.
    I used a $200 upcharge for non-usa shipping and it was about right.
    YMMV
    Peace - Deeve

3. pugnax

pugnax Tele-Meister

I usually set international shipping between $35-50 usd for pedals and smaller things and use USPS. Using the internal payment/postage system makes it pretty straightforward. I also use a small snack-sized ziploc bag to put the customs stuff in, make things as easy as possible for folks along the way.

radiocaster likes this.
  4. loudboy

loudboy Tele-Meister

I've only done it once, for a prototype Fulltone Soulbender, to Canada.

Guy wouldn't take no for an answer, kept upping the price until it was comical, so I did it.

I always have had luck selling to lower 48.

5. Piotr

Piotr Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

I am an overseas buyer and occassional seller. From that perspective - no problem with trading, and PayPal actually can be a better option in your case (sth about Reverb's system not covering all the trouble, per one guy's story of a US-India trade gone wrong). I would definitely insist on a proper courier company handling everything (not USPS). Their systems will make the paperwork easier for you.

6. radiocaster

radiocaster Poster Extraordinaire

That's ridiculous. I've seen one guy on reverb have 630 Euro shipping on a cheap Affinity tele.

Should be cheaper, unless you insist on using UPS.

7. wangdaning

wangdaning Tele-Meister

FedEx is good with the shipping internationally (the customs stuff). I can tell you as an international buyer it was really annoying how people would accept the purchase at first and then refund/refuse a week later. Took about 5 deals before I got a seller who would actually ship, and that was on ebay, reverb never worked out. If you do not want to do international sales, please make it clear.

Deeve and radiocaster like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.