1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Interesting little project I picked up this afternoon...

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by backalleyblues, Sep 30, 2020.

1. backalleyblues

backalleyblues Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Found this on my local FB Marketplace, for the princely sum of $75... going to put it together over the next few weeks, and see what I wind up with... Vintage Brand "Kinda Trini Lopez" model in Pelham Blue-light as a feather, going to keep this a low-dollar affair, in case I decide to move it on at some point... should be fun!!!

Let's see what crazy ideas we can all come up with here...

Franc Robert 62318110685__5555089F-9850-42EA-941D-8F9842CC2707.JPG

2. tubegeek

tubegeek Friend of Leo's

Good luck! I'm entirely in agreement. I'm going to try P94 clones in mine (P90-in-a-humbucker-format.)

My kit progress so far: Trini beauty shot.jpg

crazydave911, Zepfan, SamIV and 3 others like this.
  3. BB

BB Poster Extraordinaire

If it were me, I'd look no further than Ryan at Bootstrap Pickups. Great pickups! Super service and extra, super great prices. $40 for a set of buckers!? $60 for a set of Bucker sized P90ish?! No affiliation, just a very satisfied customer.

crazydave911 likes this.
  4. slick4772

slick4772 Tele-Meister

Nice kit! Where did you get it?

crazydave911 likes this.
  5. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

nice find ,have fun but keep us posted

crazydave911 likes this.
  6. tubegeek

tubegeek Friend of Leo's

thefretwire.com

They seem to have been sold out on this kit for a while now but I saw what appears to be the same kit show up on eBay this week.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5338148343&icep_item=284026406337

I was able to spec mine with a rosewood fingerboard for a few extra bucks, and all-in it was just a little less than the ebay listing.

Expect some effort getting the neck, bridge, and pickup routs all on the same page.

The kits (and OG Trinis) all have trapeze tailpieces - I modded mine to a stoptail. And I did some major surgery to the kit's headstock paddle to make it big enough to contain a more accurate Trini headstock - the big goofy head is a big part of the Trini's cool factor for me, so I put some work into it. This pic will give you an idea.
    20200318_204049.jpg

crazydave911 and DavidV like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.